This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: another forms question

I just tried your form and after i press submit, i get the thankyou message ok.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Might have been a temp problem of the server, related to a problem with the mail server between yesterday and today morning.
      Navaldesign
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Crazy. I guess I had it correct after all. lol

Thanks!

Comment

Hi, this is Pierre Clark. I have developed the form and the confirm page for an html page on one of the addon domains on http://www.pacnetsites.com, which is:

http://www.englewoodlink.org/financiallit.html
          and the confirm page
          http://www.englewoodlink.org/financiallit.php

When I type into the form and click the Register Now button, I get the confirm page displayed in the browser with all my formatting. I set up a test e-mail address to send the form to and at that test e-mail address I get an e-mail which says:

From:iugwkedb@voda6.vodahost.com Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert To:pierreaclark@sbcglobal.netSubject:Pre-Registration For Financial Literacy BreakfastDate:Mon, 10 Apr 2006 23:35:04 -0400

Values submitted from Englewoodlink.org web site form:

What happens is I am not getting any of the values. I have changed the Properties for the form in Edit Properties and still I don't get the values from the form fields in my e-mail. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Comment

Ok, I now seem to be getting the values from the form in my e-mail. Now what I am wondering is can I change the Sender that appears in the e-mail I receive to read something other than myusername@voda6.vodahost.com? Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Ok, I think I solved that problem as well. Thanks.

Comment

pierreclark-

In the element properties of the field where you want people to put their e-mail address-- it has to be named ( email )

It has to be exactly like that ( email ) not e-mail or any other variation.

Once fixed- save and publish. Should take care of the problem.

Andy
                PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Thank you very much, that works. I have one other question. Can I put in a hidden e-mail address in the php script that will not show up in the to line. Right now, when you enter

$mailto = "e-mail1, e-mail2"; both e-mails show up in the To line. I would like one e-mail address to be a hidden address. Can I use a hidden field for that second e-mail address and where do I put the hidden field in the script? Thanks for your help.

Pierre Clark

Comment

If you don't want the second email to appear in the first and viceversa, you have to modify the script like this:

<?PHP
                    $email = $HTTP_POST_VARS[email];

$mailto = "feedback@yourdomain.com"; Change feefback@yourdomain.com with your real Vodahost account email and delete this text
                    $mailsubj = "Feedback form";
                    $mailhead = "From: $email\n";
                    reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
                    $mailbody = "
                    Values submitted from web site form:\n";
                    while (list ($key, $val) = each ($HTTP_POST_VARS)) $mailbody .= "$key : $val\n"; }
                    mail($mailto, $mailsubj, $mailbody, $mailhead);

$mailto = "email2@yourdomain.com"; Change email2@yourdomain.com with the second email address.
                    mail($mailto, $mailsubj, $mailbody, $mailhead);

?>

Don't put it as a hidden field, as it will be visible in the html code of the page. Put it directly in the script code as shown above.

Please note that since this script is NOT based on SMTP autenthication, the script will work for the second email address ONLY if the second email is on the same account, OR AT LEAST on the same server.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Ok. that solution seems to work. Thanks a great deal.

Comment

Working...
                      X