Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Linking your pages together (creating Hyperlinks with text, images etc...)

The buttons have to lead to the pages exactly how you've named them.

So - any button to your home (named index) page would be:
    http://www.yourdomain.com

now you make another page and name it page2. To link to that page you need it to say:
    http://www.yourdomain.com/page2.html

Just remember, the page names can't have spaces. If you wanted page 2 - you could do page_2 - and then you would need to type it that way in the url.

If you name it Page2, you would need it to have the capital P in the url.

And the links will not work in preview because they aren't live pages.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

I didn't read the entire thread but this too is an option. But first never use capitals in the url. Because you are using page number I figure for better optimizing use a folder structure if its' not too late.

For example:

mydomain.com/subject/page-2.html

Just an idea and makes thing a whole look easier. Better of to use text links they count as content and add revelancy to your description.

pet121

Comment

I am going a bit goofy trying to figure out why links within and from my website pages work fine in IE 6.0 and some of them work (and some do not) in Firefox 2.0.

What should I do to make the link code compatible with all browsers?

Example page: http://www.weblandsecurity.com/agnitum/landing.html
        Links are in blue and are, for the most part, underlined.

Help resolving this problem will be greatly appreciated.

Have a great day!

Joe Hollinger

Comment

I'm afraid you are not going to like the answer. You are using a large Iframe (i suppose by BV tutorial in Tips and tricks) for your header and menubar. Well, FF has this bug: it cannot see links in the main page, that are covered by the iframe. Links NOT covered by the iframe work.

Solution: create TWO smaller iframes instead of one: one forizontal for the header, and one vertical for the side menu, so they will not cover your main page.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
          X