Preview in browser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preview in browser

I have not yet published my website, but when i do link from my INDEX page to another file on BlueVoda, there are weird SQUARES and Y'S that appear on my page.

Any idea why this keeps happening? When i right click an IE page, and go to ENCODING, mine is on Western European (ISO). Does this have anything to do with it?

Again, all im trying to do is make a link from my INDEX page to another file i created on BV. And im not publishing it, im just trying to view it when i click "preview in browser."

Here is part of what it looks like:
    EntryџџџџџџџџЖ№№цБЧРContentsџџџџџџџџџџџџ
    CBlueVodaDoc !BlueVoda!Ž Untitled Pageџџџџ€€

HEIGHT:

WEIGHT:

ADDITIONAL INFO:

џџџдаШЌЈ™џџџьщиqodьщиhtmlџџџџџ ISO-8859-
    Everyday you are healthy is good day!

Re: Preview in browser

Originally posted by avtothei View Post
    I have not yet published my website, but when i do link from my INDEX page to another file on BlueVoda, there are weird SQUARES and Y'S that appear on my page.

Any idea why this keeps happening? When i right click an IE page, and go to ENCODING, mine is on Western European (ISO). Does this have anything to do with it?

Again, all im trying to do is make a link from my INDEX page to another file i created on BV. And im not publishing it, im just trying to view it when i click "preview in browser."

Here is part of what it looks like:
    EntryџџџџџџџџЖ№№цБЧРContentsџџџџџџџџџџџџ
    CBlueVodaDoc !BlueVoda!Ž Untitled Pageџџџџ€€

HEIGHT:

WEIGHT:

ADDITIONAL INFO:

џџџдаШЌЈ™џџџьщиqodьщиhtmlџџџџџ ISO-8859-
    Do you have a Voda host account?
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

No i do not. I want to build the site first, before publishing anything. All i am trying to do for the time being is make links from my Index page to other pages i have built on BV and see how they come out when i 'Preview in Browser.'

I'd appreciate any help u can give me, and thanks for your patience with a still learning newbie.

PS-Where it says LINK TYPE and URL in the HYPERLINK box, for the URL i choose FILE and this is what I put in manually (because it comes out wrong automatically) C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\My Documents\BlueVoda\index1.html. My main page INDEX is just saved as Index.

Comment

Links will not work until the pages to which you are linking are published in Voda.
        You can build your pages and preview them individually, but your links will not work.
        Liz
        www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

Oh ok I see. Thanks for getting back to me so quick. Just outta curiosity, any reason why?

Comment

Yes. Links can only link to live pages, which have been published.

Since the Voda site builder is proprietary it can only be used to build pages to be hosted on Vodahost.

SO, no published pages = no pages to link to.
            Liz
            www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

Working...
            X