Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Go Menu doesn't work

Originally posted by racefan20
    Yes, your Go Menu seems to work ok. But, mine still doesn't. Do you have any more suggestions?
    Parris
    www.polkcountybikeclug.org

Comment

Just one. Try opening a new blank page and recreating the menu there. Don't copy and paste it, rebuild it with a link or two at least. Publish the page with just the menu on it and see if it works.
      My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Just one. Try opening a new blank page and recreating the menu there. Don't copy and paste it, rebuild it with a link or two at least. Publish the page with just the menu on it and see if it works.
        I created a junk page with the Go Menu. It worked with four links. All four links worked just as expected. I then copied the Go Menu from the junk page to my main page. When saved/published the Go Menu NO LONGER WORKED!.
        There seems to be some wierd interaction with the page that it is on. I'm now at my wits end with this. Can you make any other suggestions? Should I file a "bug" report?
        Thanks for your help.
        Parris

Comment

It's not a bug, but looks like you have a code conflict somewhere on your page. Seems odd because you don't have a lot of code on the page to begin with, but that's what this looks like.

You're probably going to need someone like Pablo, who is much more in tune with the overall set up of the pages, to help you get it sorted out the rest of the way. Sorry I couldn't help more.
          My NASCAR Forum

Comment

It's not a bug, but looks like you have a code conflict somewhere on your page. Seems odd because you don't have a lot of code on the page to begin with, but that's what this looks like.

You're probably going to need someone like Pablo, who is much more in tune with the overall set up of the pages, to help you get it sorted out the rest of the way. Sorry I couldn't help more.
            Thanks for your help. How do I get in touch with Pablo?
            Parris

Comment

He stops by here regularly but submitting a support ticket might help as well.
              My NASCAR Forum

Comment

You can not copy and paste the go menu, menu bars, or drop down menus from
                page to page. Most of the time you will have a problem, they are not ment to be
                (copy & pasted).

1) Remove the problem go menu
                2) Insert from scratch

In a perfect world you would have created a master template to work off of, so
                would not have add the menis every time.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by parris
                  Thanks for your help. How do I get in touch with Pablo?
                  From what i can see in your page html there seems to be a form that shouldn't be there. Did you use a form for getting the background color?

However this seems to be the problem. As soon as i get it out, the Go menu works perfectly (in preview also) . Please try removing this form and add the background from page properties, or add a shape (rectangle) of the desired green color, use the order tool to get it to the back, and test the page.

However if the problem is still there, send me the page attached to an email and i'll see if i can do something.
                  Navaldesign
                  Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Yes, 'navaldesign' is correct you can not use the Go Menu on a form, because the Go Menu is a FORM itself.
                    Move the object from the form and it will fix your problems.

Pablo
                    Forum Moderator
                    BlueVoda Spe******t

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
                      From what i can see in your page html there seems to be a form that shouldn't be there. Did you use a form for getting the background color?

However this seems to be the problem. As soon as i get it out, the Go menu works perfectly (in preview also) . Please try removing this form and add the background from page properties, or add a shape (rectangle) of the desired green color, use the order tool to get it to the back, and test the page.

However if the problem is still there, send me the page attached to an email and i'll see if i can do something.
                      Thank you very much for your help! That, in fact, was the problem, i.e., a FORM within a FORM. So, now I'm back up and running.
                      Just as a suggestion, someone may wish to post this restriction as well as others that may suffer the same problem.
                      Parris

Comment

Working...
                      X