Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Redirecting within my own site? Other folks providing bad links.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redirecting within my own site? Other folks providing bad links.

Hi, I have the How to Redirect and Cloak a URL thread on the backburner, but I'm not sure if this is appropriate for my problem.

You see, I have my site streamlined and operating nicely with all pages linking to my iFrame. Everything is there in the window, very sleek, I think.

However, well-meaning folks out there have been providing links to specific pages within my site.

For example, my site, http://www.alcoholocaustdeniers.net, which is designed to be completely functional from the home page,

and the page, http://www.alcoholocaustdeniers.net/yamatu.html

I thought of adding a Home link somewhere on each and every page, but that is tedious and would detract from the sleekness of the site.

Finally, my question!

How do I create a redirect from all pages within my domain to my index page, unless they are accessed FROM the index page? Am I totally nuts?

I hope not!

Thanks, and, in retrospect, I'm very glad I checked Voda out in back in June.

-Gavin

Re: Redirecting within my own site? Other folks providing bad links.

Actually, not having links to all pages from all pages - and especially back to the home page from other pages - is making your site hard to use - and thus you'll lose visitors. Remember, it's not all about sleekness - but it has to be easy to use. I just clicked on your 2nd link above, and can get NOWHERE from it - therefore would never see any more of your site after getting there. Links are critical for your site - putting all the pages in an iframe as you do - makes people and se's unable to go directly to pages that are of interest to them and I don't recommend doing it the way you did. People search for particular things - and se's want to give them the most relevant page - and that would mean being able to get directly to all pages of your site without having to go to the home page and then navigate there.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

You can do this in htacess file by redirectin the page to the index, however, from an SEO standpoint, that kinda kills you. SE dont read Iframes.. they will show that you only have the IFRAME page. So.. the rest of the content from your site is NON existant as far as they are concerned. Just letting you know if you do this you will be cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

LMAO.. HI BETH

Double whammies

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

:) We've been known to do this before.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi,

Thank you both for your very swift replies! Don't worry about the "double whammy," because I'm glad you were frank with me. I'm still rather new at this. I thought that I had found the perfect solution for my site by using the i-Frame, until I noticed this phenomenon occurring.
            I will have to draw up a plan to redesign everything, I suppose.
            I will work on creating a navigation menu that remains with the visitor on every page that they visit. Yikes!

Thanks again,
            -Gavin

Comment

You can do that with a php include

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...ge-bv-php.html

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
              X