Need help understanding about the linking the pages together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need help understanding about the linking the pages together

No Pictures--- what is the cause of those picture disappeared in Explorer??

Comment

There is a way to link pages before publishing just for basic testing and that is to link to 'file' and browse for the bv filename of the webpage.
      However, if you do this in many other website developers, when you publish, it then resolves these links for you into actual URLs.
      Does BlueVoda not do this when you publish?
      Thanks

Comment

Hi
        Is there a moderator out there that can answer my question above?
        i.e. If I link pages using the bv filenames, will BlueVoda resolve them into URLs when I publish? If not is there some other method to do this while developing the site instead of having to do it once it is online?
        Thanks

Comment

If a page, an image, or whatever is not published, then it cannot have a link .. every image that blue voda creates has it's own unique naming system, they are not images that are live on the internet somewhere .. they are created on publishing .. hope that helps you.

To view your website while creating, choose preview .. have a look .. you cannot check the urls of something that does not exist ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

ok I been working non-stop in my web site ....I had read and re-read the tutorials .i do eveything in there but seem that the linking is not working ...tyhe funny hing is that some work and some other don't ?

I'm confused ...does asking for helps seem the next logic step for me .can't anyone help me ?

Comment

Hi David,
              firstly, it's a good idea to open your own thread & not jump onto someone else's...........

Re. your question - have you actually published the page/s yet? If so, post your URL & someone can see what's wrong.
              If you haven't published yet, you wont see the links working :)
              david
              Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Working...
              X