Need help with Navigation Buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need help with Navigation Buttons

on the nav bar edit window i have renamed the button called index http://www.tobodyandsoul.com [no index/html] and i found i'd left a space in the about page name, so tightened it up to read http://www.tobodyandsoul.com/about.html. the biography page reads http://www.tobodyansoul.com/bio.html and that's what i named the page. still when i publish it, and go online, the nav bar buttons go to the 'no such page 404. deal. sorry, i'm so slow at this, it's not clear where to name pages, perhaps, and i only know how to look at their names by rig***licking and looking in properties, for the details. is that the best way to know how they're named? if i type the page name into the finder at the top it comes up fine, just not through the nav bar.

Comment

Hang in there, Aaron! You'll get it. Notice a difference here?

CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
      CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
      CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

You about page is there but you left a letter out of bodyanDsoul in the bio link.
        The page name for links is shown at the top of the Blue Voda page. That is how you saved the page and how the link must read to get to that page. If you right click on the page it shows you the TITLE of the page - not the name. A bit confusing but you'll catch on.
        Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
        Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
        Milam County Historical Commission

Comment

:)
          CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
          CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
          CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

excellent guys, thanks for the support. it makes a HUGE difference

Comment

to Jcaywood. You are correct in the fact that you can get the machining by the book and the webworldAffiliate sites by entering the URL in browser. I can do this too. I cannot change the Webworld Affiliates index page and publish the changes in order to finish the Affiliates site. When I try to publish the affiliate site with changes, this overwrites the Machiningbythebook homepage, and does not make any changes to the WebworldAffiliates page. Then when you enter the MachiningByTheBook URL, the Affiliates page shows up instead of the MachiningByTheBook page. Then in order to get the Machining home page back, I have to republish the Machining hiome page (That is the reason you can access it now). If I try to publish the changes for the Affikliate site, you will no longer be able to see the Machining site and if you enter the machining site URL you will get the Affiliate site. Hope this is clear. My writing skills aren't the best. Regards, David

Comment

David, Let's walk thru it:
                Did you go to your CPanel and add worldwideweb.com as an add-on domain?

Open your machiningbythebook index page and click save. Then click publish and make sure the pop-up shows only: public_html
                Then publish it. That is your main domain. You publish that to public_html and it will open be there.
                Now your machinningbythebook home page is published.

Open your worldwebaffiliates index page. Click save and then click publish. Make sure the pop-up reads public_html/worldwebaffilites.com
                You will have to enter that in the box. Then publish. That puts your worldwebaffiliates home page live.
                Now open a browser and type in each .com address to see if they are there.
                Any pages under each of these must also be published to the directory as above. That keeps the two separate.

Try that.
                Last edited by jcaywood; 03-21-2009, 06:53 PM. Reason: Left out a .com
                Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts

Comment

Thanks Jerry, I appreciate your help and patience with this old man (74 Years). Sometimes my mind isn't as ***** as it used to be, but I'm trying. I got it all sorted out and working now. Thanks again and Best Regards, David

Comment

You're certainly welcome David. Glad it finally worked out. If yo have any other problems, just post them here and someone will help you out.
                    And 74 gets younger to me each year!

Jerry
                    Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts

Comment

Working...
                    X