Hyperlinking my sites together doesn't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hyperlinking my sites together doesn't work

Nowhere does VodaHost tell lies. It is quite clearly stated in the appropriate places that in order to publish a BlueVoda designed website you need to have a VodaHost account. You are wrong to call people for lying and post rude comments on forum posts. It is your responsibility to READ things before building sites - regardless of how old you are!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: Hyperlinking navigation bars

hello, Im in the turtorial at the moment and in the process of constructing the first page, i've watched the tutorial for fixed menu bars, but it wasn't very clear to me. I followed the instructions in the video, but seemed a bit lost on how do i link it on the next page. I tried to preview it but for some reason i can't see it connected or linked to the page i wanted. do i need to construct the pages first. the rest is easy to follow its just that in this specific issue i'm lost.can anyone advise me on how to do a step by step procedure on how to do it. your advise is greatly appreciated. thank you .

Comment

To Deloch,
        I don't beleive that you are only 13 and if you are that is no excuss to behave the way you are behaving.
        My sugestion to you is to go to all of your neighbors and move thier lawns for free of course, the work is hard but I'm sure they will appeciate it.
        Would you do something like that?
        These people have put a tremendous amount of work into this and have let anyone and everyone come and pratice to see if they can do what they want FOR FREE, then if they are happy they can sign up. I know of no other they will just give you all of the tools FREE !
        Sharon Chajin

Comment

I know we're all scolding the little boy right now..but can we get back to the topic?
          I have this navigation bar on my website with like 6 buttons on the navigation bar and how do I link webpages to those buttons? I've watched all the tuturial video things..but they only tell you how to link a hyperlink to a picture. I NEED HELP! I wish someone could come to my house and HELP ME! because explaining it in words is really hard.

Comment

It is obvious that you have overlloked the tuttorials. If you had watched it, you would have seen that you must:
            1. Double click the menu bar to edit it.
            2. When the button titles appear you mast select each of them and click on edit.
            3. On the Edit Button popup, just type after the http:// the absolute URL of the page you want to link to. If f.e. you have a "products" page, you must have your link like http://www.yourdomain.com/products.html

It's as simple as that. IT IS PRETTY WELL EXPLAINED AND SHOWN IN THE TUTORIAL.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I've watched all the tutorial videos that you suggested but how do I make the website that links with the naviagtion button?

Comment

What do you mean how you make the website? Start with the first tutorials here: http://www.vodahost.com/tut_bluevoda.htm
                Navaldesign
                Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hyperlinking Pages Problem with Text instead of a button - My index page is up on the internet, and instead of buttons I used text words for the linking. I have tried to hyperlink these text words to the other pages, but it isn't working. I know to use http://winwinsolutions4u.com/about_me.html which is the proper way to link, but what else am I doing wrong? Is there a different way to link "text words" than link buttons? Thanks, Holli, winwinsolutions4u.com

Comment

oops, I meant to type http://www.winwinsolutions4u.com/about_me.html.

Holli

Comment

If your using the 'link' tool in bv by highlighting the word/s to link then hitting the link tool and filling in the details correctly then that should work. Maybe you've got a slight difference in spelling or have used a '-' instead of a '_' ?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I am highlighting the text word, clicking on the link tool, typing in the correct http name for the page I want to link to my index page and clicking OK. I then save the page, and republish. When I go to check the index page, I cannot click on the text words at all, as if they are not working as button links to my other pages. Any other suggestions?
                        Holli

Comment

Oh and yes, I am using underscores, not hyphens, between words in the page names.

Holli

Comment

Hi Holli, I am sorry but don't know why this is happening to you. Hopefully someone with more experience will pop along soon and be able to shine a light on your problem for you.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I am trying to create a link to an outside page using a text box so the background shows through. Any tips?

www.countrydesigns.biz/babyregistry.html

I would really like to have this one page done by Monday, as I should probably do some real work on the store, (a smile's as good as a wink) :)

Mariposa

P.S. there are two links in back of car seat that are supposed to lead you to the Graco page with the picture of the car seat she wants. They don't work. With the last web site builder I used I was able to do this, but since BV is more advanced I can't figure out how to do.
                              Cindy

www.countrydesigns.biz
                              www.countrydesigns.biz/400.shtml

Comment

Somehow the automatic works even though you can't choose it. Things are lookin' up.
                                Cindy

www.countrydesigns.biz
                                www.countrydesigns.biz/400.shtml

Comment

Working...
                                X