Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Linked but wrong result.

Hi Karen,
    done as explained... never been inside this c panel before in file manager.
    I have created the folder which now appears in the forextradingpa.com
    called it pa download... how and where do I "Upload" my files which are in a folder in my documents. Obviously when i clicked on the new folder the left hand half of the screen was empty. the folder in my documents is called pa.
    Thank you hans

Comment

right at the top there is UPLOAD files while you are in that directory.. browse for file and navigate to it in your my documents folder... and upload it

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

go there and READ and LOOK at where your buttons are.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Well I tried with the following result.. no files in folder after I did the following
          >cpanel
          >filemanager
          >forextraderspa.com
          Createted new folder called it pa
          folder visible in right division of screen in forextraderspa.com along with all others in there
          >pa folder (now line highlited in blue)
          >button on top of page upload
          came to next screen displaying 3 upload screens
          >first field - it opened my documents folder on my computer
          >pa folder in my documents which holds the 3 files- can not upload!
          >a file from my documents pa folder it uploaded this in the first upload field I repeated this for the other two files. 3 files uploaded. Each showing in separate upload box.
          >return to file manager
          >pa
          Folder empty.
          > opened pa in file manager under the forextraderspa.com PA FOLDER EMPTY

WHAT IS NEXT PLEASE?
          NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE - SO PLEASE DONT FLIP.... IF I COCKED UP I'M SORRY.
          The explanation merely said upload your files... If one has never done this it is a search to find how and where and to push the upload button was an adventure... I did not know what to expect!
          As I said here above I tried to upload the folder which contains the files... NO GO.. than I uploaded the individual files - don't know to where it uploaded these I do not see them in file manager- in cpanel- in forextraderspa.com- in new folder pa.
          What happened please?
          Thank you
          Hans

Comment

I have changed the link to http://forextraderspa.com/padownload/pa.html

if the upload were correct would that be the right link?

I shall go to the videos your advice arrived after me post

Comment

thats because you didnt CLICK to ENTER the folder before you uploaded,, you need to be INSIDE the empty folder and THEN upload.

and you cannot link to whats on YOUR computer.. it has to be the server link.. you have also LEFT spaces in your file name

The biggest problem to you COCKING UP is that you dont READ.. you try to make SHORTCUTS.. and do it your way and frustrate everyone trying to help you. You are simply going to have to INVEST THE TIME TO READ and LEARN.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Karen the files are definitely in the folder I created in file manager.
                When I open that folder a pop up comes up with the following message and can not be deleted till I agree not to run this scrip... the message is..."A script on this page is causing Internet explorer to run slowly do you want to delete it... etc etc... If I say "no" it keeps re-appearing I have no option but to agree to the script deletion than I can continue to work. do you not think that becase the file which is in the new folder is not a known computer language, but a spe******ed MQL langiuage that this may be the reason why it gives me a 404? After all I had to agree to delete the script. Yet the files remain in that folder.
                I have made a printscreen to show you is there any way that i can send this to you? Please dont tell me to send the link as i would not know how to do this.
                Hans

Comment

No,, thats something to do with cpanel.. nothing to do with anything you have done. Yes email me the IMAGE. kmacenterprise at aol.com

remove the spaces and use the @ symbol for AT

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Ok... as i said thats the script in your cpanel. Nothing to do with your files

Your file names are NOT going to be workable, you need to rename them and reformat them.

http://www.forextraderspa.com/padownload/PA ManualV2s09.pdf has spaces in it.. remove the spaces.

BreakoutAlert.ex4 isnt a format that will just open for anyone..it says its a text document but 99% of the population wont know that.. so its worthless.

Here is the folder with its files

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi Karen,
                      The .ex4 file does not get opened it gets downlodedas an unopenable file to ones desktop than copied and pasted into a special folder that is standard on the trading platform. I receive files like that by email and via download links. They appear on my desk top as unopenable files.
                      If I may I shall email you the result of this file downloaded on my desktop. The pdf manual tells the buyer what to do with that file. As the buyers will be traders, most will know what to do with this.
                      Let me do what you have told me and see where it takes me.
                      Thank you
                      Hans

Comment

Hi Karen,
                        As i receive files like this as I said in my previous email, I went back to your very original advice. ie put the files in a folder and roar then. the problem was that I have never used rar or zip and try as i would with rar I could not put it together.
                        I have now put this together, but purely by accident - trying all sorts of things - I would not at this time know how I did this as it was just "Oh well let me try this"... and Wallah! it had given me a rar compresssed file (three stacked books) I put this rar file in the padownload folder and it worksPlease download it on your desktop and you can see the file type that the File is that I said only get copied into a special platform folder.
                        Thank you again for all your interest and help.
                        the RAR help files do not tell one hopw to compress a file, if you know of a tutorial please send me the url.
                        Thank you
                        Hans
                        down load URL

Comment

Working...
                        X