Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Links work in IE but not in FF nor Chrome

http://w w w.thegoofygiftshop. com

This is a single page menu with php pages. I have links at the top of the page from my 'menu' page and a text link at the lower left of the page for a driving course and all work fine in IE9, FF8, and Chrome15.0.874.120m.

However the links on my 'header' down the left side of the page only work on IE. They do not link in FF nor Chrome.
    The links in the white box on my page work fine in IE but not in FF nor Chrome. Also, with the exception of the links from the 'header' and on the index page (which I manually corrected, every link on the site has a yellow background. They do not show yellow boxes in BV and the properties show as 'automatic'.

ALso, my images are linked and work on IE but no image links on FF & Chrome. I have checked this on 3 different PCs and all are the same.

I recently upgraded to the newest version of BV. I noticed this last night and have done everything I can think to do with no solution. I did see posts where a few other people have had this problem over the years but the solutions given didn't work for me.

To recap: my links work on IE, but not on FF nor Chrome. And somehow, all my text links show the yellow background.
    I have several other sites but they are okay. This is the main site on my account.

Please, Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
    Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
    Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
    Milam County Historical Commission

Re: Links work in IE but not in FF nor Chrome

I've done everything I know to do to no avail. I"ve added test links to the home page and they show and work in IE but still nothing in FF or Chrome. I do notice now that if I'm on a page and click F5 several times to refresh it, it comes back on the far left of the screen for half-a-second and then centers - even in IE.

I have uninstalled FF8 and installed FF7 but still no links. Links still work in IE but not FF nor Chrome.

I haven't been able to change the yellow background on the links on all 3 browsers. I've checked all the settings and all look right. It's not the text properties (right click on text) and link styles are set for 'white' background. I changed the link background color in Edit Link Styles to red and published but they still show yellow. I changed the text properties to red background and they show red with the text background as yellow.

My server was very recently upgraded and I upgraded BV at that time.

There are no problems with any of my add-on sites. Just my main site. Could I please ask someone to check and advise that they get the same results in FF/Chrome (no active links) that I get? Is there any way this could be tied into my internet connection (the 3 PCs I tested are all on the same connection), or the server upgrade? I'm grasping at straws now. I appreciate any help or advice. Thanks
    Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts

Comment

White box links: they are covered by the text.
      Solution: select the text (black) and right click it then Move to Back
      Then (since it will go behind the whitebox) select the whitebox and Right click it -> Move to back

Your left menu links don't work because each line of text (=each link) has a line feed (that is, a second blank line of text) which covers the next text.
      Solution: remove the blank lines: In BV, place the cursor EXACTLY after each text and press CANC repeatedly so as to remove any white spaces.

Preview in FF to test

IE ignores this type of "covering" between objects, so links works FF and chrome consider the white spaces as objects so the objects underneath (your links) are not clickable.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks Naval! Got the links working on FF now. After moving all to the back I then had to move the actual text links in the box to the front again to get them to show. And the header links are almost working okay now. When I first created them I did use the enter key to start another line - I deleted the spaces after the first few and then they started working. Except that I noticed that they don't all show on all the pages. If I knew this, I had forgotten it, but the link properties on each page now override the actual link properties. Somehow some of these page link properties were set to the background color which means the links are there but can't be seen.
        http://www.thegoofygiftshop.com/ween...ntines_day.php for example. The only way I see to get them to show is to go to each page and set the link properties n the page. And in getting those links to work, the yellow backgrounds that appeared on all of my links went away.

I also linked each on the header page with styles showing HOVER at Bold, However, this function does not work on my pages using any browsers.

It's odd that the header page worked for 3 years or so and all of a sudden quit working without me touching it. I don't know if my brain has gone on vacation or what, but I've had nothing but problems on this site since the server and BV upgrade. I seldom make any changes to this site but make daily changes on some of my add-ons and have had no problems on the addons. I would go back to the previous BV version except that my IP changed and may not be on the older version.

I really appreciate your help! Thanks.
        Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts

Comment

Working...
        X