Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question About Link Text

Hi All!!

I going to try to make this question as easy to understand as possible, so here goes. I want to add a page with links to articles on other sites (relevant to my content, of course). The articles are updated daily and I want the display text in my links to match the titles of the articles without having to do so manually. That way, visitors will have an idea what an article is about and can immediately decide whether to read it or not without going to that site. Is there any way to auto update link text?

Here is an example of such a site:

After clicking on an article, you'll see that the link text matches the articles' title.

Hope I was clear. Need advice.
    Thanks,

Teresa

Re: Question About Link Text

Yes you can do it using either XML or HTTP requests to the databases of these other sites (if they allow you to connect)

This requires QUITE a good amount of programming knowledge. Maybe you can search a ready made script ?
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks Navaldesign. Do you have any idea what search term I can use?

Comment

The example you mentioned could also be a customized presentation of a RSS feef, or even an article directory updated by the site Administrators or even the visitors. From the page code it is impossible to tell which is the case.

Try searching with "Article Directory script"
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks again. I'll try it.

Teresa

Comment

Working...
          X