X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem setting Links style

Hello,

The site I am referring to here is only starting being built but I can't keep going until I solve this problem.

The site main url is http://www.lenaturopathesante.com

I want all the links on my pages to be displayed in white. I have done the necessary steps in the formatting section of ''page properties''.

When I simply preview a page, all the links appear white as they are supposed to, but once I publish the page, they are not white but rather blue...

It may be a simple mistake but I need your help cause I cannot think of what needs to be done at this point.

Thanks in advance for your help !

Re: Problem with having the desired color for all links after publishing a page

Although not fully demonstrated, it is shown in the Tutorial how to properly create Text Links --- the "missing" part is what concerns you, in that after highlighting your text, you then click the Hyperlink Icon in the BlueVoda Toolbar which opens the Hyperlink Dialog: from here you specify the URL of the link you desire, set the Target, and >> here's the "missing" part >> then you need to select the STYLE of the link. Initially, you will need to ADD a Style, and manually configure it, and then once entered, you will select this new "Style" before exiting the Hyperlink Dialog.

Even if you decide to Edit/Create Hyperlink Styles from the Toolbar directly as FORMAT > STYLES > HYPERLINK STYLES, you will still need to manually apply the Style to the text you wish to link via the Hyperlink Icon.

This must be done for each page, for even though you may be using a "Template" and copy elements page-to-page, only the text will "inherit" the named Style set, but until you configure the same Hyperlink Style on (to) the page manually, the page itself has nothing entered as a configuration to define that named Style (even though the text may show that "inherited" Style as being configured) and will revert to the Defaulted Style as you are seeing on your pages (the "Blue" color link).

This same issue was resolved in this post if you wish to review for additional clarity ....

Complete BlueVoda Tutorial Library
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: Problem with having the desired color for all links after publishing a page

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
      Although not fully demonstrated, it is shown in the Tutorial how to properly create Text Links --- the "missing" part is what concerns you, in that after highlighting your text, you then click the Hyperlink Icon in the BlueVoda Toolbar which opens the Hyperlink Dialog: from here you specify the URL of the link you desire, set the Target, and >> here's the "missing" part >> then you need to select the STYLE of the link. Initially, you will need to ADD a Style, and manually configure it, and then once entered, you will select this new "Style" before exiting the Hyperlink Dialog.

Even if you decide to Edit/Create Hyperlink Styles from the Toolbar directly as FORMAT > STYLES > HYPERLINK STYLES, you will still need to manually apply the Style to the text you wish to link via the Hyperlink Icon.

This must be done for each page, for even though you may be using a "Template" and copy elements page-to-page, only the text will "inherit" the named Style set, but until you configure the same Hyperlink Style on (to) the page manually, the page itself has nothing entered as a configuration to define that named Style (even though the text may show that "inherited" Style as being configured) and will revert to the Defaulted Style as you are seeing on your pages (the "Blue" color link).

Complete BlueVoda Tutorial Library
      Hello Vasili,

I did exactly as you mentioned to do and re-checked the tutorials. I manually added a style to each hyperlink on the only page published so far http://www.lenaturopathesante.com . When I preview it, the result is perfectly fine but once the page is published, all the links still remain blue. I cleared the cache, browser memory, etc., but results are always the same when I verify online.

It puzzles me because I never had this problem in the past with other sites built using Bluevoda, as I always changed the hyperlink colors at will.

Anything else that could cause this ?

Thanks !

Comment

Re: Problem setting Links style

Hello ...
        No, the method is very linear and simple, and does not deviate. I can only assume that you are missing a Step ... or simply do not understand the aspect of "continuity" when duplicating elements across pages (especially navigation) can be disrupted if the "order" is not preserved:
        1. Start at your "index" page and properly configure Hyperlink Styles and Hyperlinks themselves upon your Text Links using the 2-part method described above.
        2. Using the COPY+PASTE Toolbar icons only, duplicate the newly configured Navigation onto all interior pages.
        3. Go back and in the same order you Pasted Navigation on pages, manually define Hyperlink Styles for each of those pages.
        4. Publish all pages, starting with the "index" page, of course.

This will restore the continuity of the Navigation across all the pages, with complete defined Hyperlink Styles and Hyperlinks with active styles applied.

If the "issue" persists, then it is obviously a missed Step or an improper application of method -- and this is something no one can assist you with further.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X