Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cascading or Hopping Links

Originally posted by navaldesign
    For MP3s: upload the single mp3 files on your site, using BlueFTP. They don't necessarily have to be in public_html, for organisation purposes you can also create a folder where to upload your mp3s. Then just link them, through a Go Menu, or text links, or whatever else you want, even images. The link should be: http://www.yoursite.com/mp3folder/mp3name.pm3 changing "mp3folder" with the actuall folder name (if you use one) and "mp3name" with thw actuall name of your mp3 file. The same goes also for any other kind of files. When they click on the link, the file will be opened in their media player.
    http://www.daledewitt.com/ftp mp3/Saturn.mp3.mp3 is what I put into a go menu and the server spit out Not Acceptable (i.e., nothing found as such). (I renamed the mp3 file to shorten it in the ftp directory.) I also changed the pm3 extension you'd wrote above to .mp3 but that didn't solve anything. Double clicking the ftp file pulls up my Winamp media player with this directory entry
    C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\Saturn.mp3.
    I'm stumped. Dale

Comment

pm3 has just been a typing error of mine. It should be .mp3
      Please do as follows: create a folder in your public_html, called "mp3folder".
      Upload your "Saturn.mp3" file in this folder. Then use this link:
      http://www.daledewitt.com/mp3folder/Saturn.mp3

If it still doesn't work, please use my form to provide me your loggin info so i can have a look.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I think this comment could pertain to a lot of problems but from my reading of Mozilla Composer's instructions one could save a bit of grief by renaming files prior to using them. The symbols to use are letters and numbers without spaces and other sensitive characters. Another useful suggestion from those authors was that of just publishing the page first and then tacking on the links later. That way the path is preestablished and there's less chance for error. I'll build on this thought as follow it through to its conclusion. Dale

Comment

Say if I have a link-picture/audio page and want to keep the audio (i.e., keep the page) -----while I link from that link-page to any number of separate pictures. It sounds good on paper but I don't know how to do it without destroying my original link page.

Comment

Create a I frame in your page. The links should be OUTSIDE the frame. Set the link target to be the frame, so the pictures will open in the frame. This way the background music will go on while they are looking at your pics. It is obvious that this can't be done with audio files, first because the audio files are opened in their media player, and second because you don't really want them to listen to the background music at the same time that they listen your audio file.
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Create a I frame in your page. The links should be OUTSIDE the frame. Set the link target to be the frame, so the pictures will open in the frame. This way the background music will go on while they are looking at your pics. It is obvious that this can't be done with audio files, first because the audio files are opened in their media player, and second because you don't really want them to listen to the background music at the same time that they listen your audio file.
              I suppose that works but I just don't like the side by side look. I really want to be able to depart from that page yet still keep the original link running; then come back to it when finished exploring the other picture only links. Are there any other link related functions that you can think of which might be worth trying?

Comment

Dale, what EXCACTLY you want to do? if you explain better, one could better help you. Keeping the initial page alive means that you must either put the picks inan I frame, or pop them up in new windows, in order for your initial page to stay open. If you want more specific advise, create a page with the layout you want, and publish it so we can have a look and adise you on the way to go.
                Navaldesign

Comment

Dale, what EXCACTLY you want to do? if you explain better, one could better help you. Keeping the initial page alive means that you must either put the picks inan I frame, or pop them up in new windows, in order for your initial page to stay open. If you want more specific advise, create a page with the layout you want, and publish it so we can have a look and adise you on the way to go.
                  I found it. The Photo Gallery. I click the picture (in a new browser) and it goes while retaining the sound from the 'Mother' link-page.

Comment

http://www.daledewitt.com/Mars.html

Comment

Yes, that's what i meant when i talked about pics to open in popups
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                      X