Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AddOn Domains automatically show the content from my main domain - WHY>?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AddOn Domains automatically show the content from my main domain - WHY>?

i also wanted to say that i submitted a support ticket over 12 hours ago with a high urgency, and they havn't responded. is this normal for vodahost? is it possible i will have to re-submit for some reason? (they sent me email confirmation that they received my support ticket request)...also, is this the only way to get technical support from vodahost? is there no phone or live chat tech support under any circumstance? Thanks again for all the help, hopefully soon i will figure out Why the addon domains are displaying my main domain's content...
    sigpic
    -Chris Vater

High I.Q. Media
    www.ImpactQuality.com

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisVater View Post
      i also wanted to say that i submitted a support ticket over 12 hours ago with a high urgency, and they havn't responded. is this normal for vodahost? is it possible i will have to re-submit for some reason? (they sent me email confirmation that they received my support ticket request)...also, is this the only way to get technical support from vodahost? is there no phone or live chat tech support under any circumstance? Thanks again for all the help, hopefully soon i will figure out Why the addon domains are displaying my main domain's content...
      I tried to explain to you in your earlier post....apparently you did not understand, or did not think the previous answer sufficient?

Others have taken the time to actually dig into the situation to "prove" that your erroneous configurations are to blame, and that you have some further study due prior to expecting either VodaHost or your peers to rescue you further.....

With thousands of "urgent" requests submitted each day, I personally think it singularly superlative the staff at VodaHost has not yet burned out responding to repetitive and redundant tickets each and every day, all within the timeframe they established so long ago.....don't you?
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Vasilli,

If indeed my configurations are to blame, I have not been able to figure out what is erroneously configured. I checked to make sure, as you suggested, that my addon domains were properly configured in the CP (they are-they are not set to redirect) and i also checked into the name server situation as recommended by Karen Mac.

As i stated earlier I also made sure i was publishing correctly as demonstrated by the tutorials. You just assume that I am not studying the tutorials provided by vodahost, or that i am not following the advice posted here when, in fact, i have been doing both. I do not expect other users here to carry me, i just asked for help figuring out why all my addon domains are displaying the content from my main domain, and I still have not been able to determine why (the only explanation left that I can think of is that I will have to wait another day or two until something is officially activated...I only created my new account 3 days ago).

I guess you have never heard the expression "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything"

i hope in the future you will consider this my advice to you. if you don't know how to help someone, there is no need to be rude and arrogant.
        sigpic
        -Chris Vater

High I.Q. Media
        www.ImpactQuality.com

Comment

Vasilli,

If indeed my configurations are to blame, I have not been able to figure out what is erroneously configured. I checked to make sure, as you suggested, that my addon domains were properly configured in the CP (they are-they are not set to redirect) and i also checked into the name server situation as recommended by Karen Mac.

As i stated earlier I also made sure i was publishing correctly as demonstrated by the tutorials. You just assume that I am not studying the tutorials provided by vodahost, or that i am not following the advice posted here when, in fact, i have been doing both. I do not expect other users here to carry me, i just asked for help figuring out why all my addon domains are displaying the content from my main domain, and I still have not been able to determine why (the only explanation left that I can think of is that I will have to wait another day or two until something is officially activated...I only created my new account 3 days ago).

I guess you have never heard the expression "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything"

i hope in the future you will consider this my advice to you. if you don't know how to help someone, there is no need to be rude and arrogant.
          Indeed!
          Karen picked up where I left off (after you insisted you had performed things to the letter) and found that things were not so after all. Funny thing is, the details of the process that were pointed out was the same specific process I asked you to review carefully, even after you insisted everything was attended to.

No one was arrogant, nor were you ever blown off.....merely asked to sit back down to look at specific items, and to be patient while your Provider had the opportunity to give you the personal attention you requested.

It's good to see that for such a newcomer you are unafraid to get your ball rolling, but it is customary to initiate the efforts with some care, so as not to rush past the neener-neener things that trip us all up unexpectedly!

and on we go....
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Domain ID:D149575343-LROR
            Domain Name:MOREMOVIES.ORG
            Created On:27-Oct-2007 19:23:17 UTC
            Last Updated On:27-Oct-2007 19:36:55 UTC
            Expiration Date:27-Oct-2008 19:23:17 UTC
            Sponsoring Registrar:FastDomain Inc. (R1455-LROR)
            Registrant ID:FAST-12785242
            This is INDEED you and your domain. Looks like you privatized it, so those numbers etc are blue hosts. Either that or your domain expired and you no longer owned it, or it was attatched some way to your previous provider and you no longer own it, if its not privatized.

The fact that i can access your index page the way i did, implies to me that
            1.) you didnt create an addon via the cpanel or
            2.) you also merely created a folder and published to the folder, or
            3.) when creating the addon, it makes two folders(sometimes), one in caps and one in smaller letters as a subdomain, and you published to the wrong one (but this couldnt be the case as when i type it in as a subdomain your index doesnt show up.)
            4.) you created the addon as a .COM and you clearly dont own that one! So of course its NOT going to work.

If you noted in the announcements, they replaced a server today, and everyone was probably scrambling to transfer everyones files in a timely manner to the new server, and your issue wasnt life and death.. yet, its getting close tho.

So if I were you, Id go DOUBLE TRIPLE check your set up and figure out where the error is.... or wait for the support ticket!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

My turn to get the popcorn!
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

It's funny to me that both Vasili and Karen find it appropriate to be so condescending and presumptuous. It's also funny to me, with both of you being such sticklers for precision, that you would waste your time writing all this blathering bullsh**.
                However, seeing that you have taken your precious time to write these replies (and seeing that others are enjoying this exchange as if it were a Hollywood blockbuster) I feel the need to address your responses with one of my own.
                My issue is currently being resolved by VodaHost, according to their reply to my support ticket I received this morning. Perhaps it was due to the same switchover of servers, but SOMETHING was not working in the VodaInfrastructure. Resolving this issue of my addon domains displaying the content of my main domain was, in fact, completely out of my hands. For all of your insistence that I was not studying the tutorials properly or not following your advice, you have now been proven wrong, officially. I do appreciate your help but I certainly don't appreciate the negative tone implied in some of your postings. For all of your exhortations of my incompetence and impatience, it seems that the final result is merely a display of your own.
                Vasili, I do admire your impassioned linguistic fortitude. Karen, I really do appreciate you going so far out of your way to help me figure out the problem. (By the way, I wasn’t saying that what you found wasn’t my website, just that the info that went with it was not my info). I am not going to address the various explanations you decided must be the reason for my problem with addon domains, other than to say It wasn’t any of those reasons. (I hope this helps with future VodaHosters who will have the same problem as me: It’s something that the techs at VodaHost need to fix, so: Support Ticket).
                Finally, please think before you speak or write. Vasili, I must address this last paragraph to you specifically. In your last response, you wrote:
                “Karen picked up where I left off (after you insisted you had performed things to the letter) and found that things were not so after all. Funny thing is: the details of the process that were pointed out were the same specific processes I asked you to review carefully, even after you insisted everything was attended to”.
                If you look carefully, you will see that Karen corrected herself when she realized that my name servers were, in fact, the correct ones for Voda19 members. So really there was nothing funny about this: it was just a misunderstanding that you used to erroneously criticize me. I hope in the future, you will be more thorough and less inconsiderate.
                THANKS! again to everyone for their interest and attention. PEACE!
                sigpic
                -Chris Vater

High I.Q. Media
                www.ImpactQuality.com

Comment

Chris..
                  LOL...Im not a stickler for precision, however, I said do a support ticket. Without being in your control panel, I have to assume certain things and how things occur within it. So.. I apologize for the condenscending, but you have to also realize how many times we do this, and how many times more privately, we repeat ourselves, and we also assume the server is set correctly.. which is also why i said.. twice at least.. use the support ticket...

But hey thanks for playing with the drama! At least you have a sense of humor!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

i really do appreciate it Karen, and i'm glad you also found the humor in this thread. I took your advice immediately and started a support ticket...the first one they replied saying make sure you addon the domains in the CP (which i had already done). i decided to send a second support ticket that detailed everything i had already tried, and that's when they replied that they would fix it as fast as they could. I hope one day I can return the favor of the effort you put in to help me, if there ever is anything I might help you with. Thanks!
                    sigpic
                    -Chris Vater

High I.Q. Media
                    www.ImpactQuality.com

Comment

And, yes, please keep a sense of humor. My comment about popcorn - you'll see that round the forum when things start heating up - not meant negatively. It can be a thing of honor sometimes :)

I'm glad the problem is being fixed.
                      Beth
                      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hello I just found this thread which seems to cover the problems that I have been having, I am just wondering if any of the people involved in this discussion worked out what the problem was and maybe can tell me because I still havn't heard back from the support ticket people yet and I've been told they can take a while.

This is the addon www.kindoffice.co.uk but for some reason goes to www.dcofficeproducts.co.uk Ramsey who is a regular here had a good look at my cp and dns settings and like me is stumped becuase everything seems OK.

I am just hoping that you might know something that we don't?

Darren

Comment

LOL.. wait for the support ticket!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I just want to let people know who might be watching this thread that is has been going on 48 hours since vodahost replied to my support ticket saying "we are working on this" SO all I know is that it is an internal issue at VodaHost and we will just have to wait until they work it out.

My addon websites are still displaying the content of my main domain.

I will post here again once it is fixed, that may give others an idea of how long they will have to wait.
                            sigpic
                            -Chris Vater

High I.Q. Media
                            www.ImpactQuality.com

Comment

I just want to let people know who might be watching this thread that is has been going on 48 hours since vodahost replied to my support ticket saying "we are working on this" SO all I know is that it is an internal issue at VodaHost and we will just have to wait until they work it out.

My addon websites are still displaying the content of my main domain.

I will post here again once it is fixed, that may give others an idea of how long they will have to wait.
                              hmmmm... now this explains a problem I tried to sort out for DCOFFICESERVICES!... I checked he had done absolutely everything correctly with his add ons and also with his domain pointing etc and couldn't find an explanation... the mystery deepens.
                              Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

IT'S THE BV SERVER PROBLEM.

After receiving an warm welcome oversea phone call from BV staffs, I face this problem a few hours later.

I also have the same problem, sub-domain and add-on Domains. I have just moved (DNS Transfer) a domain here. I did the same as what I created at LunarPages but the sub domain dosen't work. It always go to the index... of the main domain. (public_html/index...). Even add on a new doamin is also go to the same main page.

http://www.e-office4u.biz
                                = http://e-angthong.e-office4u.biz
                                = http://www.net-earning.biz

ChrisVater , any proress for this crisis. I have just sent ticket on Nov 1, 2007, so I can approx. the result I will receive. If it's take too long I will consider to move all sites back to Lunarpages as this is a Government Project and can't be on a un-stable Server.

Anyway, I'm still hope that the technical staffs can fix them asap.

I have never faced this problem before with all of the past hosting company.

This SERIOUS problem has more and more threads in the forums. It shows the problem is still existed and become crisis of BV so soon.

Solving the problem promptly is the only way to keep BV on the top, if he wants to be.

Comment

Working...
                                X