X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: publishing question

Originally posted by Tygra View Post
    Hi LadyEye.

Right, it's working when I click on the link in the control panel, but it still not working on my site.

aha! Yes, I noticed this as well ... and here is why ...

this page http://www.interspeciesconflictvideos.com/afo.html

on the first link .. for the bear and tiger video you have

interspeciesconflictmovies - instead of interspeciesconflictvideos

Also ... as you apply and adjust the links on these pages with their new names of the videos - set the target to _blank - then the movie will open in a website page of itt's own, otherwise when they stop watching this video and close the page your site is lost ... you won't want this ..

:)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

That's wierd LadyEye, I can see it says "videos".

Comment

LOL .... LOL ... I could have sworn it said that now I think we just need to figure whether it is the bear vs the tiger or the tiger vs the bear ... lol ...
        and then I think we got it!!

and the bear vs the tiger works, lol ... THE BEAR WINS!!

http://www.interspeciesconflictvideo...r_vs_tiger.wmv

http://www.interspeciesconflictvideo...er_vs_bear.wmv

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Well not everyone agree's LadyEye with the outcomes of the Animal Face Off virtual arena fights, but on the bear vs tiger one, the bear had a decent size adavantage over the tiger, that is why the bear won.

Comment

Where have you got to LadyEye?

Comment

Hi Tygra

Ii thought you were busy changing your links ... I think you now have things mastered, don't you ....

the only reason the first video on your afo page wasn't working is because the link says tiger vs bear and the video is named bear vs tiger ...

(sorry, I was saying the Bear wins in more ways than one, lol)

See that link above - that needs to be changed on the afo page to say bear_vs_tiger.wmv instead of tiger_vs_bear.wmv (since you renamed, right)??

and then that will work ....

So - you were going to rename all your videos correctly, you were uploading them to this new directory - face off movies - you were then going to change and reapply all the links on your afo page and the other page - you were going to set the target to all these new links as _blank, so that the video will open in a new window for you .. and then you were going to republish those pages you made changes on ....

Are you stuck somewhere? I am here ...

Happy New Year to you!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Yes, yes, yes, it works. Thankyou so much LadyEye, you've been brilliant, your the best!!! I understand now how to do all the other videos , thanks.

And a very happy new year to you, i'm feeling a little hungover from last night.

There is one other thing LadyEye. You know the tiger vs python video? It seems to cut off about 20 sceonds before the end. Do you know why that might be?

Comment

Excellent news Tygra, good job!! TY too!!

hmmm ... will have to see that one in action, but off the top of my head I am wondering if this is one that you converted? In which case, sometimes those free converters do not give you the entire show, they do cut off about this amount .. or perhaps it is taking so long to come through you think it is finished before it is??? Will have a look when you get that done and see if we can figure that out ..

Hungover eh!~! Well, it definitely must be something you "ate" ..
                  Hope you had a good time and it has been worth it, lol ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

LadyEye, the other videos are not working now, I know how to sort them though, but it's a right pain. Why is it that they were working without having to go into the public HTML folder, but now they are not?

Comment

Originally posted by Tygra View Post
                      LadyEye, the other videos are not working now, I know how to sort them though, but it's a right pain. Why is it that they were working without having to go into the public HTML folder, but now they are not?
                      Changing the name of the videos, uploading them to different areas of your site .. any number of reasons ...

the important thing is to get them all renamed properly, upload them to the correct directory and link to them correctly ...

Just like your socks, you hve to find them dependent on which drawer you placed them in .. you won't find them in the bottom if you placed them in the top ..

It's all a basic filing system to retrieve your items ...

Firstly they are found in your house (your house being your domain) then next they are found in the top drawer (the top drawer being the folder you created called faceoffmovies) and the socks being your videos (bearvstiger.wmv)

But Tygra ... there is much you need to do .. I have a checklist prepared for you if you would like to email me and I will send it for you .. too much to put on here .. but some things you can work on ... contact me via one of my sites in my signature if you want me to send this along ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                      X