Need help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need help please

I want to add a little to the previous post, seeing you have not yet been there, perhaps you can address this for me also.
    I am afraid to try and publish anything, as I do not know if it will work. I would like to know how, and if, one can remove a dud once it has been published to the web? .
    I'm getting very despondent, I have many ideas, have about 14 articles and an ebook written about ready to publish, but no site to refer people to.
    Heeeeelp tog assebief, That is just a cry for help in the Afrikaans language, (specially for Tom who seaks the lingo) for those who did not get it! Sorry to do this to you guys, but many thank yous.
    Bux

Comment

Hi Bux,
      The thank page must be named action. In page properties, set the extension to php. The page is a standard page with the necessary thank you message. You can also put your menu bar and logo, etc on the page as well.

Regarding your dud page: Usually it is not necessary to delete a page if you are redesigning it and keeping the page name the same. You simply edit the page and republish it. The old one will automatically be overwritten.

If you need to delete an unused page or picture, etc you can use the File Manager on your BV control Panel. Click here to learn more. In there you will see "Using the File Manager".

You can of course use the FTP Manager in the Tools menu as well, but since you are (as you said) a greenhorn, it could be a little dangerous because if you delete a page with the FTP, it is lost, whereas if you delete it with the file manager, it goes to a recycle bin. It is recommended not to clear the recycle bin for some time. Just in case..
      Lekker bly.
      Bless you
      Tom

Comment

Hi Tom,
        I was wondering if we could arrange a telecon. It is now 11.10 p.m. I have battled all day to get the stuff to work but no go.
        If you give me your tel no I will call yopu.
        I am stymied and ready to hurl in. it started off as fun, but with no one to help with the technical stuff I'm truly ........ ing mad.
        i dont know why a plain button can not find a site yet another does.
        If possible I would appreciate it. I am wasting so much time it is realy getting to me from 9 am this morning and no progress.
        I have uploaded the thank you page, but I can't find it, not to move it even to see it.
        Bux

Comment

Ok, I am extreeeeemely new to this. I keep reading about publishing an index page. Can someone please be more specific with directions on how to do that. I am also getting the Index of/ page.

Please help.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi kbcooley,

The index page is your "landing page" the page that visitors will see when they open your website (url).

In BV, give this page a name and this name must be index (all small letters). This name is given when you save the page on your computer. Then go ahead and Publish your page. Whatch the tutorials. Specially the one about Publishing.
            Bless you
            Tom

Comment

Got it. Very cool. My first site is up and running. I still have several things to complete. Not all the links are working yet, primarily because I haven't built the pages for them yet. All in all, I am happy with it, for now. Working on two other sites for my business now. Loads of fun!!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X