Publishing & Viewing Assistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Publishing & Viewing Assistance

Well...you're brilliant, that one works perfectly.............does this mean I just have to change the original contact page to html? I thought the tutorial said it had to be different, maybe I'm confusing it with something else??
    sigpicmorairabandb.co.uk

Comment

That might work - I'm not sure. But there are problems with your form anyway. I tried to submit a message and couldn't.
      I would suggest just using that same page and creating a new form on it. The tutorials talk about .php but the contact page with the form should be contact.html. Best thing to do is to pause the tutorial and do the work, then resume.

Also, the links on your other pages will need to be changed also. From More Photos to Home reads http...Home.html. This should be
      http://www.morairabandb.co.

When you get all the links done, read Chris' links in Post # 4 above about PixResizer and Image tips. Some of your photos are HUGE and slow loading.
      Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
      Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
      Milam County Historical Commission

Comment

Let me clarify my last message: when I said 'suggest you use the same page' I meant to create a form on the new contact page. Sorry 'bout that.
        Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts

Comment

Ok I'll give all of that a go tomorrow as its almost 1045 pm here and I've been doing this for long periods today (as have you!)

Thanks soooo much for all your help, hopefully i will be able to continue the thread tomorrow and let you know how it all went.

:) :)
          sigpicmorairabandb.co.uk

Comment

I see you have your links working and the photos on More Photos are a lot smaller. Could be a lot smaller but compared to one you had at 1.5MB these are such an improvement.
            On your page Titles, they show Home and morephotos. We're not talking about the page names here - this is the page Titles. This is what shows at the top of the browser window when you open the page. You want these to describe the page using keywords as best you can. Perhaps for your Home page something like: La LaGarta Villas for a peaceful, relaxing vacation under the **** trees...: This is just an example.
            Then for More Photos describe what the pictures are about.
            Use words that someone may use in a Google search for a vacation.

Content and MetaTags keywords: You need content on your pages. You need to have text explaining these wonderful vacations, great weather, whatever. I see back and forth opinions on whether metatags are important or not, but you don't want to use any keywords that you have not used on your page. You need to write a few paragraphs about what you're pushing. And on the photos page, use text to describe the beauty of the rooms and the villas. Tell all of the advantages and charm. You got to sale it!
            Good Luck
            Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts

Comment

Hi...........yes I have been trying to make the improvements and a little more has clicked into place for me - thanks to your help I must say! I resized the photos to the size mentioned by Chris - do you think I should make them even smaller?

Anyhow, thanks very much for your latest advice, I'll look into that too and add a few more bits and pieces. I've decided not to have a form but to have a tariff page and a link to my email address instead - and some links to things/places around here - more tutorials to read I guess!!

Thanks again.
              sigpicmorairabandb.co.uk

Comment

Don't worry - you'll get there. It won't be long before you're on here helping others.
                Cheers.
                Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts

Comment

I Just Sent U An E-mail

Comment

Originally posted by sykzpisces View Post
                    I Just Sent U An E-mail

Hi........got it thanks, I have replied - I didn't realise from the mesage that you were already into the forum.
                    sigpicmorairabandb.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                    X