Solution to 12029 Error for the other 3%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solution to 12029 Error for the other 3%

Hey everyone. I've been wrestling with this error 12029 for a little over a month now, have gotten several techs involved as well as discussing it here in the forum. I followed the steps at http://www.vodasupport.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticl eid=94 to the letter, but to no avail. I finally found the solution, that I thought I'd share since I noticed others having the same issue that requires more than the firewall solution that is provided.

A Firewall WAS in fact the issue with me. An invisible, yet highly evasive little puke.

To make a long story short, it was McAfee in my case that was running in the background, without a way to access it's options.

AOL comes with McAfee that apparently runs in the background independant of AOL security and Firewall settings. The only way I found it, was when I did a Ctrl+Alt+Delete I found a couple processes, mpftray, and another mpf program that were originating from a McAfee file.

I brought up Windows Explorer and went to the Programs>McAfee file and tried to access the program, but it didn't want to give me it's Control Panel, so I uninstalled it.

Rebooted, and tried publishing again. SUCCESS!!

Thanks Karen Mac and all the others for your help. I truely appreciate it. Feeling pretty damn naked, I re-activated the firewall I can control, and re-tried to publish... Successful! I'm a happy guy now!
    BeauxArtsFair.com
    ShawnJohnsonPhotography.com
    GlassIllusions.net

Re: Solution to 12029 Error for the other 3%

Thanks for taking the time to post back the solution.
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Re: Solution to 12029 Error for the other 3%

I have McAfee too.

And I had the same error message.

I went into McAfee, un-blocked BlueVoda, and the error disappeared.

Comment

Working...
      X