• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Multiple Web Sites per Account

oh ok. thanks ! =)

Comment

I understand how to add the add/on domain and how to publish the site but what I don't understand is how to name it so it comes up when you put the domain name in your browser.

In other words; the first domain is named index, so what is the second one named?

Sounds dumb I know but that's my problem.

Help!

Comment

it can also be named index. there won't be any mix up with your first site because your add-on domain will be in a separate folder INSIDE the public_html folder. take a look at previous post by DCOFFICESERVICES.

in the publish popup window, manually edit the FOLDER with whatever you named your add-on domain in cpanel. =P

Comment

Originally posted by harleyguy View Post
          I understand how to add the add/on domain and how to publish the site but what I don't understand is how to name it so it comes up when you put the domain name in your browser.

In other words; the first domain is named index, so what is the second one named?

Sounds dumb I know but that's my problem.

Help!
          I totally agree with you and still dont understand this manually naming folder within public_html and how when somebody types in www.xyz.com that it finds rather than the first site www.abc.co.uk and that it doesn't become www.abc.co.uk/xyz.

If anybody can explain this clearly to me I would appreciate it.

regards

Liz

Comment

Originally posted by DCOFFICESERVICES View Post
            Thats good... So its either waiting for you to change the name servers of the domain to those of VH, or you already have and you are waiting for it to probgate (can take up to 48 hours)

Regards

Darren
            Hmm.. it still seem to be getting the same page instead of my index. It's passed 48 hrs. I have changed the name servers first. then published the page. is there something else i can check on ~ O_o

Comment

Do a 'who is' search on google and find a domain checker (usually the first one) enter your url and then all the details relating to that domain are there including name servers. Double check that those name servers are those of Vodahost. If every thing is check, then post your url here and someone here will take a look.

Darren

Comment

Originally posted by DCOFFICESERVICES View Post
                Do a 'who is' search on google and find a domain checker (usually the first one) enter your url and then all the details relating to that domain are there including name servers. Double check that those name servers are those of Vodahost. If every thing is check, then post your url here and someone here will take a look.

Darren
                Yes everything is checked out. my addon domain is

Comment

i checked in ftp manager and the url of my add on domain is mydomain.com/addondomain/
                  why is this so ? How do I separate it ? They are meant to be two different sites.

Comment

when I set up the add on domain in cpanel, I left out '.COM ' in USERNAME/DIRECTORY/SUBDOMAIN NAME because i get an error msg
                    " The username for for the addon domain cannot contain '.' "
                    Is this the problem ?!

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
                      Yes everything is checked out. my addon domain is
                      http://Kurohana-Designs.com
                      Yes your domain is definately pointing to VH servers. Unless anyone else here can step in and help I would suggest submitting a support ticket by clicking on customer support in this forum.

Darren

Comment

Working...
                      X