published site problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: published site problems

Thanks Guys. With your help I seem to have managed it. Need to spend more time 'playing'. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by kenkew
      I have BVIndex which loaded as default in my BlueVoda computer files. It's the one with the BV logo. This is the page I save to. That's not right? Also the image 010July04_01.jpg is the one showing in my FTP. That's where the confusion comes. It's showing the right pic but not when I publish. Why am I seeming to publish all files into www.kengar.com/Index .html and not into www. kengar.com ?
      Please don't get confused. The default name in BV is index. It gets saved in your local computer as index.bvp . When you publish, it is tranfrormed in index.html. ALL COMPUTER BROWSERS, when you type in f.e. www.kengar.com get connected to your site, and, by default, show up the index.html page in your site. There is no difference whether you type in Internet Explorer www.kengar.com or www.kengar.com/index.html.

The other page instead, Index.html can only be found by your browser, if you type in the address bar the complete URL. So, Index.html page is useless. You can delete it. I can see that you have already solved the image problem. A last thing: you are publishing in public_html, which is your default folder on your site. You are not publishing anything in kengar.com/Index.

Sorry, i posted just before I saw you did.
      Last edited by navaldesign; 02-17-2006, 05:43 PM.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I'm publishing in the wrong place then? Shish. my site is still not quite right, maybe you've found out why. How do I post in the right place?...

Comment

Originally posted by kenkew
          I'm publishing in the wrong place then? Shish. my site is still not quite right, maybe you've found out why. How do I post in the right place?...
          No, you are publishing in the correct place , which is the "public_html" folder on your site. index.html is just the name of your homepage, and the one that browsers will look for first, when someone connects to your site typing simply www.kengar.com
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
          X