Re: publishing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes that is right. My problem is that I can't make any changes in that page and it is not the page that I am working on in Blue Voda. (index.bvp) When i publish the page with the changes, it says upload was successful but nothing changes. David

Comment

Well, if I was having this trouble I'd do these things in this order:

1. When viewing in FF, press "F5" to update the page (you likely already know this).

2. When I press the Publish icon and the Publish window opens, I'd make sure I'm publishing to "public_html" OR to "public_html/myotherfolder" (if you are trying to publish to an add-on or sub-domain).

3. If those fail, I'd look at my folders on the server to be sure my published pages are where they are supposed to be. Open FTP Manager ("Tools"), hit "Connect" and check out the list in the right hand panel. You can double click on any file there to open it. If you click on "index.html" it will open to show what it looks like. If it's not the one you expect it to be, look in other folders in the panel and open any "index.html" until you find the little bugger.
      CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
      CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
      CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

I checked out all the folders and files in FTP manager. The only index.html that I can find brings up the wrong view. It does not match the view in Blue Voda index.bvp. I am trying to publish the index.bvp file to overwrite the index.html file but it won't do it. I tried all the other suggestions such as clearing cache etc. with no luck. Is there any way I can wipe the whole thing out and start over? Or is this too drastic? Regards, David

machingbythebook.com

Comment

You can delete the indexhtml file out of your directory in control panel or ftp manager ... then republish up the new index page ... perhaps you are publishing your new index page to another directory? I'm sure this has been offered in this thread before perhaps, (sorry haven't read it all) but try doing that again ... (are you saving your file as well before you republish it?)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
          X