HTML shows with web page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HTML shows with web page

See if you can log in to your c-panel if you can then you can look to see if youpage is in your folder for the add-on. If you can log in then your account is ok, it could be the server is in heavy use or doing maintence in which case just try again later.
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

I didn't know if the add-on domain had it's own c-panel. Do I access the same as my main with the same username and password?

Comment

Yes, the same. Your add-on is just a new folder inside your main site c-panel.
        Reguards
        Ed
        www.dsondesigns.com
        www.300hitter.com
        www.bigjk.net

Comment

I have narrowed it down to this. I started the website completely over using new files and folders. I repeated the building as I had done earlier today. Everything was successful until I created a form using the wizard. Again, it would not publish online although it would as a preview. Anything I tried to add after that would not update either. I deleted the form and still no updated webpage. I then started the process again, this time I did not create a form and have had no problems. Something is not working in the forms. I used the wizard twice and have viewed the tutorial. I was using the template for Contact2. Any new thoughts?

Comment

Are you sure it did not publish, all pages with forms on them publish as .php pages, if you are linking to an .html it will not find it. Look in your public_hrml folder and see if the page is there, this is the best way to locate and determine what kind of extension the page really has. We all use forms (I have several, using the wizard without problems). Be sure when naming your form that it does not have any spaces in the name or it will not work correctly.
            Reguards
            Ed
            www.dsondesigns.com
            www.300hitter.com
            www.bigjk.net

Comment

Do you think this may be my problem: I am trying to publish this contact form on my index page? Like I said as soon as we go from publishing in html to php, that's when it all seems to freeze up. I tried to add simple box after an unsuccessful publish and it did not publish either. The form I used this time was again Contact2 without any modifications straght from the tutorial.

Comment

Let me add also that this again is not a contact page independent from the rest of the site. I am still only working the index page. I also don't build the page, save and publish only once. I usually will add one or two graphics or text boxes, save it then publish it to view online, come back and add more, save and publish again as I build that same page many times. I learned early on to save and view online as I go because I was losing a lot of information at times if I didn't check. Sometimes the browser preview, as in this case, doesn't necessarily depict what will be viewed online. Just more info for you.

Comment

I was just looking back through your posts and it says you started over with new files and folders, what do you mean by this did you delete all the folders from your c-panel? Did you just add new ones and published them to there? I don't think the problem is the form, its where you published to, how you named your pages and how many versions of your index are in your public_html folder.
                  Reguards
                  Ed
                  www.dsondesigns.com
                  www.300hitter.com
                  www.bigjk.net

Comment

That is what I am beginning to figure out. As I am building this page I save and publish it probably 50+ times as html then when I get to the point of adding a form that is published as php, it creates two files that are conflicting. Does this seem like I am on the right track? Do I need to create the whole page with logo, graphics, text and the form and then only save and publish when I have completed it?

Comment

Not neccesarily, just if you add anything that will cause it to publish as a php you have to into you public_html folder and delete the html version. It probably would be less complicated for you at this stage of your learning to build the page and then publish, only making small changes later. Back to my question what did you do to the folders (if anything) and did you delete the html version?
                      Reguards
                      Ed
                      www.dsondesigns.com
                      www.300hitter.com
                      www.bigjk.net

Comment

I still have the folders and I only deleted the two index files in cpanel that were created when I went from html to php with the form. I have another website I built here over a year ago, and am now creating my second. I have always saved and published to the same file each time only I do make a lot of changes as I go, never finishing anywhere near what I have initially planned. I am doing fine right now as I have continued past that little snag from earlier. Thanks for quick responses and hanging in with me.

Comment

Working...
                        X