Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pics don't transfer with website

Hello Karen,

OK...I uploaded the web pages to my friends pc, but I had to re-insert all the images and resize them. I did not locate the path where BlueVoda Web Builder pulls the images from on my laptop, so I was unable to place the images in that path on my friends pc. I think I may have located the path now..."Janice/appdata/local/temp/preview" I have windows vista....I will test this at a later date...thanks for all of your posts...they saved me a lot of stress.

Comment

Originally posted by mrmagoo144 View Post
      if i may - the easiest way to transfer a website from one computor to the other is to use the File/New Page/from existing html/remote/urladdressof thepage. that way the images go to the image folder on the new computor immediately. after that just tweak the positions and sizes, save the page on the new computor and publish it.
      hope this helps
      Can you help with explaining the breakdown of your way to transfer.
      1. is File my new loaction?
      2. New Page is the name for my new page?
      3. from exiting html is this the one online?
      4. remote?
      5. url this is the location on the address bar right?
      I want to turn the website over to a portable hard drive so different people can work on the site.

Comment

Hi Matt,

Quote Mr Magoo "File/New Page/from existing html/remote/urladdressof the page."

To do the above open your BlueVoda and follow the above instructions.

You have to repeat this action page by page.

You can also goto cPanel >Backup and download a full
        backup to your laptop.

Before opening the pages in BV you will also need to copy all images yo originally used in your webpages to you Laptop also otherwise when you open your pages you will find some of the images and pics missing.
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Hello Zuriatman

Where to you copy/place the images on the new computer?

Comment

Working...
          X