Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PHPMyAdmin help

Hey Naval,

I've downloaded, set-up, and registered. I'm almost done building form, then I got stupid. I'm not sure I remember my form number! I recall that by default it was named "2"? Though in the name field I believe I had typed "1". I don't see it in confirmation e-mail, how can I retrieve to make certain so I may save form?

Comment

Hey,

I now see it in phpMyAdmin, just to make certain:

"One last but most important step: You need to add a hidden field in your form. This hidden field must be named “Formid” and its value must be the form number that ABVFP has indicated to you when you set up the form."

The hidden field value must be = "Formid" or "Formname"? And did I screw up by having them different? And does it matter what I name the form page itself for publishing?

Comment

Hi again!

I decided to be "ballsy", put my logical hat on, and went for it. It seems to have worked! The only problem I see is in the record in phpMyAdmin, the phone number is not number I submitted. I received the submission e-mail, and the phone number is right???

When I first submitted, I received error that phone number could be numbers only (xxxxxxxxxx vs. xxx-xxx-xxxx), I re-entered and it accepted. I have field named "Phone-NR", does it need to be "Telephone-NR" as spelled out in tutorial?

Thank you for the help and inspiration!

Comment

No. ABVFP will create the database table fields after taking out the extension. The "Phone-NR" field will create a "Phone" field in the database.

As for the fact that you did not recieve the phone number in the database, it seems rather improbable to me, especially if it has sent you the email. The only logical explanation would be if you, first created a form WITHOUT the "Phone" field (or you had it named something else) and the you added this field (or named it something else). You see, ABVFP will create the table the VERY FIRST TIME you submit, after that, any field additions or renaming will be ignored. If this is the case, DELETE the form_nr2 table from the database, and then submit again so the table will be created again correctly.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi Naval,

I am 100% certain the table was created properly. No fields added after first submission. All fields filled in for first submission.

The odd thing is that the "wrong" number that appeared in the "Phone" field for each submission was "4294967295", which is the maximum value for "Int" according to SQL documentation.

I took a chance, and changed the type to "varchar" and it now works. Does this have any detrimental effects on the field, or the table as a whole?

Comment

No problem at all.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks Naval, I couldn't have done it without you!

Now, where do I find a script for a search?

Comment

Working...
                X