Blog Theme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blog Theme

What you gave me seems clear enough. However, I do not have a 'wordpress' file. I can't remember what I downloaded my blog under. I'm not good w/ files, and especially have trouble w/ winzip. I think I'm a hopeless case.
    I may just be one of those people who has to have something shown to me face-to-face, especially something as complex and unfamiliar as this.

Comment

Now dont get discouraged. thats will be your worst enemy. It all comes about in time..and patience.....
      Did you download wordpress with fantastico?

Comment

Originally posted by Manfred
        What you gave me seems clear enough. However, I do not have a 'wordpress' file. I can't remember what I downloaded my blog under. I'm not good w/ files, and especially have trouble w/ winzip. I think I'm a hopeless case.
        I may just be one of those people who has to have something shown to me face-to-face, especially something as complex and unfamiliar as this.
        Hey how are you doing? Please dont get discouraged. the hardest part of this is posting back and forth...the work itself isnt so difficult. Just ask and answer questions and we can get this completed!
        hope to hear soon.

Comment

Originally posted by kassi59
          Hey how are you doing? Please dont get discouraged. the hardest part of this is posting back and forth...the work itself isnt so difficult. Just ask and answer questions and we can get this completed!
          hope to hear soon.
          I downloaded under Fantistico, but I think it was saved in my documents. Now I can't find 'wordpress.' I DO find 'green marinee,' the theme I tried to download later, in documents, on both sides of FTP. But the blog says the style sheet is missing, and the upload is incomplete. When I tried a transfer between these two, it took so much time that FTP logged out on me. The transfer was never completed. If I was even doing it correctly to begin with.

Comment

Good work Alan! very good information.

After installing wordpress fantastico will ask you for an email address to send the information about your wordpress site. admin/username/password and the such. You need that.
            your url is the name of your blog at the end of your site address.
            www.kateart-cards.com/wordpress is mine....no frills..lol..just named it wordpress...lol...
            ok, be patient. let me find the file where the style sheet is located. I dont know exactly. Ill get back to you.
            Im sure you are doing it correctly. I also get logged off while doing file transfers..dont get discouraged.
            Ill be right back.

Comment

Open your blueftp.
              double click on your wordpress on your right.
              on the left go to your documents where your template is stored.
              double click that folder.
              On your right within your wordpress you wll find a folder called wp_content double click that.
              double click themes.
              On your left find 'green marinee' double click to open.
              now comes the difficult part/well not difficult...tedious.lol
              you have to go thru each and every file at the same time going from left to right and make sure all information has in fact been moved.
              Now am I understanding correctly.
              Your wordpress IS installed and working properely?
              Your trying to get the theme uploaded?

Comment

Yes, that's correct. I may not be able to get to this until tomorrow morning though--work and a dental appt will probably prevent it. Thanks!

Comment

haha...well dental appt and work I can say are much more pleasureable than going thru all those files...lol....
                  ok, well if you need more explaination. just ask.
                  keep up the good work. your doing great!

Comment

Ok, I don't have 'wordpress' per se, on the right. Or the left, for that matter. I have a lot of wp- type of folders, but don't know which one you are referring to.
                    When I double-click 'green marinee.zip' on the left, the zip file opens, and covers the viewing area. What is the proceedure for this--or is it incomplete? I am finding that zip files are a royal pain. They don't want to transfer, but instead to open in the FTP viewing area.

Comment

ok. when you downloaded wordpress..what did u name it...that name is the file you need to find...
                      my fault..as I named mine 'wordpress' sorry...
                      you have to deal with the zip first.
                      unzip and move that folder to your bluevoda file.
                      zips are a pain I agree. so I do it the hard way...after the file is unzipped I just move it to my desktop then to my bluevoda file.
                      you first have to have the access to the theme file before you can move that into ftp.

Comment

feel free to tell me if Im not being clear...I sometimes will get to far ahead of myself!...lol

Comment

One more thing Alan is that you may need to download that theme again due to the server issues they were having. That might be a good thing, that way you can know that your download is a good one.

Comment

OK, on the right, I found:

wp-admin
                            images
                            wordpress-logo.png

Is that what I am looking for, or would it be easier if I s****ped the whole thing and started over?

Comment

Now is that your wordpress blog folder or your template file?

Comment

if thats your theme file. Id delete it and download it again fresh...as Id stated wordpress was having serving errors and that may be why your having such a problem..

Comment

Working...
                                X