Thanks Liz.

Youre a star
      Kind Regards
      Rob
      www.gnjgf.co.za
      www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

Re: Photoshop and Photoshop Elements

Hi I use CS2 it is very useful for serious editing using Raw files.It is very useful for wildlife, sports photography as it allows a wider range of exposure changes post picture taking. Also has the faciltiy for adjustment top shadow, and highlight areas separately, not sure it offers a great deal more from an artistic point than Elements.
        One thing I would really like to know if anyone has tried this, in CS2 you can select images and save them as a gallery, this provides reduced thumbnails and once you have opened a thumbnail fully you are able to cursor backwards and forwards without returning to the thumbnails - is it feasible to load this up to BV, if anyone has or knows how I would be interested in knowing.

Thanks Chris
        www.norfolkbirding.com

Comment

Hi every one, HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW :

the first question was what's the difference between photoshop and photoshop elements :

they are both a great programs for photo editing and special effects, the difference is each one of them contains some features which doesn't exist in the other, but they are really minor, if you will use elements, it's probably because you want to use kind of features which are limited - I recommend Photoshop CS2 for full work.

But no offence for those who want to use the free softwares to develop their web sites, but if you really want your business to grow in quality, you better swap to Adobe programs, they are powerful and easy to use.

TIP : if you want to create a logo, do never do it in a photo editing program, always use a vector based program like illustrator or corel draw.

For more help in design tips, I'm actually working on a tutorial section in my web site, it will launch soon.

Do you have trouble on programs and you don't want to get hurt, E-MAIL ME.
          The Producer

Comment

hehehehe, ACTUALY THIS IS WHAT YOU REALLY NEED TO KNOW,

I called a friend of mine and asked him to give me a specific answer about this issue, the answer was :

BUSINESS.

photoshop as we all know now is made in Adobe Suite, the cost is xxx$, so when you buy a photoshop only will cost you more than its price whitin the Suite, but when you buy the Element it will cost you 10 times less than photoshop.

There is no technique difference - Minor ones.
            Still will repeat :

Do you have trouble on programs and you don't want to get hurt, E-MAIL ME.
            The Producer

Comment

Interesting. I suspected that all along.

As I said a couple of posts back, for most of my general photo editing needs I use Picasa. It offers extraordinarily simple, almost no-brainer photo editing tools, great for general needs. Although lots of programs offer some of the same things as Picasa, I kept coming back because it is sooo simple.

When I want to do more editing, or any drawing, I use paint.net, another free program discussed in great detail in other places on this forum.
              I keep learning more about this tool, and I have yet to be stymied by it.

For animating I am using either BMG (free) or Animation Shop (minimal cost). They are different in some ways and each has features I like.

Using these tools I have been able to make some fun animated signatures, banners, and drawings, as well as enhancing photos, alittle morphing.. I am having a blast. I found these programs were surprisingly not hard to learn, just required alittle patience.
              So there you go.
              Oh, there are LOTS of other free drawing/animating/3D/special effects dowloads out there. I am trying out a couple and will chime in if I find some particular thing I like.
              Maybe other people could do the same? This stuff is easier to learn when you can talk to someone who has been there..
              Thanks to all, LadyEye in particular, who have helped me find things..
              Liz
              www.sebastopolparty.com
              www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

yeah, that's great

Actually, that softwares are really useful on making elements for a web site, but my only thing is, because I'm thinking big in the future for my online business and I will have design and advertisement business included, billboard and signage printing, and as I'm already working in an advertising field, Adobe software are mainly done for that, I mean Advertising agencies, studios, publishing companies, but looking at your web sites , you really don't need to complicate your life with adobe.

I like the annual festival one, hope to come for a visit and assist one day.

All the best.
                The Producer

Comment

Sounds all great Nite Producer ... can't wait to see what you are going to let us all in on ... perfect ...

Liz ... you are doing terrific, I saw what you did for CL ... that is way cool and most fitting too ... lmao ...

Go Girl!!

Hi Rob

Sorry, I didn't see your post until now about the flash ... I'm not an flash expert, but I do believe you need an additional program for that ... There are some around that aren't too too expensive ... Good Luck, we'll watch for your work ... sounds great.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                  02036089024 / United Kingdom
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Liz,

If you want to play at; your microsoft program should come standard with Paint for you to paint with.

If you want to play with photos and images here is a link to an excellent freeware: www.irfanview.com

Photoshop is not a program to play with but for serious learners who really want to learn as it is going to dent your pocket.

But if you really want to look around the internet for an older version of photoshop ie Photoshop 4.0 or 5.0 which also has all an amateur will need to handle their photos.

Epson use to give a free CD of Photoshop 5.0 with every purchase of their printer.

The Photoshop improvements ends at 7.0 and now they have come up with CS2. You dont need CS2 Liz.

If you want to play with animation look around there are a lot of animation programs on the web.

www.xara.com has an affordable animation program which wont cost you much.

Try them out first before you buy.
                    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions, appreciated.
                      I am currently using Elements for some stuff, PIcassa for some stuff, Animation Shop and BMG for animations, and paint.net for other stuff. the paint shop tha come bundled with the windows program doesn't have much to play with; Paint.net is much more complete. (there is a great thread on this if you do the forum search)
                      I am having pretty good success making animations so far using the tools I mentioned, and am having a blast with doing small photo animations..
                      It's not nearly as hard as I thought it would be, but surely does require patience..
                      Liz
                      www.sebastopolparty.com
                      www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

I jus wanted 2 say, photoshop is very expensive, I know, but it is WELL worth it, it is a simply amazing programme.

vodafreak

Comment

Working...
                        X