One Picture but four frames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Picture but four frames

Mexican Cowboy breakfast. I'm from a rather large Texas ranch family. Been there since 1835 raising cattle. Now I'm raising goats in Mexico. My granddaddy and my daddy are spinning in their graves, I'm sure.

I'm trying to get it published now but I cannot find the IP address that is supposed to be on the welcome e-mail. And I'm still not sure I have the second page, the History page, linked correctly using the Nav bars.

I am waiting on the Help Desk to give me the IP so I can publish it and then I'll let you know.

Anyway the page will be www.dwbgandrews.com when I get it on line. Then I'll add pages to it.

Where are you from anyway?

dwbgandrews

Comment

Ah, I see now. Excuse me, just an old East Texas Cowboy. You are in Canada where it is really cold!

Gotta be sturdy folks to live up there.

dwbgandrews

Comment

Sturdy or crazy LOL!

Wow cowboy... ranching in Mexico sounds like heaven to me. I was born in San Antonio. I am a cowgirl in a city girls body. The closest I get is sneaking away to a dude ranch in Georgia every couple of months. The owners are great and let me have the run of the place... just a little slice of heaven.

You use Chaya leaves in your scrambled eggs? I will have to try that. Well, that is when my Chaya plants come back this spring. We actually had a few freezing days here in North Florida. I usually make a big pot of greens with the Chaya... good stuff!

Back to work....
        Check your welcome email from Voda Host where it lists your cpanel log inFTP publishing details, etcetera. It is about a 4 pager and I have it printed off and sitting on my desk so I know where it is all the time.
        Good luck on the site and welcome to VodaLand.
        Naturally Yours,
        Dori
        www.earthelixirs.com
        www.earthelixirsinc.com
        www.mineralmakeupdiva.com
        www.virtualdesigndiva.com
        www.enhancemineralcosmetics.com

Comment

Thanks! Chop up the leaves pretty good, then put them in the skillet the same time you pour in the eggs. Take a green orange and squeeze some juice on the eggs just before you eat them. I don't use salt or pepper since we always have chopped up fresh habanero peppers on the table. Sprinkle of couple of the pepper bits in there and chow down.

Enjoy and thanks again for all the tips!

dwbgandrews

Comment

Originally posted by dwbgandrews
            Mexican Cowboy breakfast. I'm from a rather large Texas ranch family. Been there since 1835 raising cattle. Now I'm raising goats in Mexico. My granddaddy and my daddy are spinning in their graves, I'm sure.

I'm trying to get it published now but I cannot find the IP address that is supposed to be on the welcome e-mail. And I'm still not sure I have the second page, the History page, linked correctly using the Nav bars.

I am waiting on the Help Desk to give me the IP so I can publish it and then I'll let you know.

Anyway the page will be www.dwbgandrews.com when I get it on line. Then I'll add pages to it.

Where are you from anyway?

dwbgandrews

Hello again David & Mayte ...

Looks as though you are getting a few things accomplished ... something I noticed though ... you will need to rename your main page index and publish as index ... as it is now it looks as though you have a capital I and you can't do that ... name your pages all small letters without spaces, you will have better success.

Yes Nova Scotia, Canada in fact ... Sturdy yes, however, doing what you and Mayte are doing I'd call you both pretty sturdy yourself. We used to have a few goats ourself, lol, Skippy & Doris, had a bit of fun with them, just for a few years, tried to be farmers, however, we were really not cut out for that ... Some really nice pics of your land too, looks really nice.
            I've been to Texas but never to Mexico, just may go someday!!

Good Luck with your site, and if you need any help, just give us a shout. Are either of those pics the ones you will be using for the background??
            If you like you can read a few suggestions for doing so, found in my blue voda tips in my signature here.

Good Luck!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Yeah, still having problems. When I log on it goes to that index page. I will change the title to index instead of Index and the same with history. Why does it not go straight to the page? I still cannot get it to link using the Nav buttons. These are only the first two pages. I'm playing with it now trying to see what it looks like.

Thanks, it's growing really fast. Up to over 500 goats with 1,500 being the goal. I have learned to cook goats so many different ways, like Bubba in Forest Gump.....I'm now the Bubba of goats!

David

Comment

Yeah, still having problems. When I log on it goes to that index page. I will change the title to index instead of Index and the same with history. Why does it not go straight to the page? I still cannot get it to link using the Nav buttons. These are only the first two pages. I'm playing with it now trying to see what it looks like.

Thanks, it's growing really fast. Up to over 500 goats with 1,500 being the goal. I have learned to cook goats so many different ways, like Bubba in Forest Gump.....I'm now the Bubba of goats!

David

lol ... I'd really rather you stuck to cooking "refried Beans" than the goats, oh my ... lol ... (Not a farmer, or least not a fan of cooking what I know, lol) but I understand, this is normal, I am not .. lol

Once you change that to index and republish, when you view your site on the internet, you should see what you want.

To link the pages together on your navigation bar, double click the history button on the nav bar and type in the url for that page ... example ... http://www.dwgbandrews.com/history.html
                That is if you called and published your page as history .... it is important for these two (your page and the nav button) to be the same ... only when you apply the url do you add the .html .... you do not do this for your index page ... that url is simply http://www.dwgbandrews.com (that's the only one different) ....

Name a page history, save a page history, publish a page history ... link to this page http://www.dwgbandrews.com/history.html

And I'm not "goating" you ... lol

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

HA! HA! HA! You obviously saw my amateur attempt at this. When I feel reasonably comfortable doing this then I will involve Mayté and we will do it for real with more pictures, etc. She is in Guadalaraja now visiting her son in prep school and looking at some rams up there. Gives me this opportunity to really screw this thing up for her to fix when she gets back.

David

Comment

Well, I'll be! Doggone if it didn't work! YEEEEHHHHAAAAAWWWW! Now that's a cold beer and cigar right there!

Thanks!

David

Comment

Yeeeeeehaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwww and Yipppppppeeeeee

Wow, those are really large goats ....

You are in business and Mayte will be so "proud" of you ....

Go David Go!! Woo Hoo!!

yw ....... maaaaaaaaa maaaaaaaaaaa maaaaaaaaaa I can hear them now .... try not to show the ones you are going to eat though, okay ... lol

Your links will work, mine won't, lol, I have a few letters in reverse there .... :) you got it though!! Congrats!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

HA! HA! HA! You are a riot! Whew! I finished the second page with some pictures. If you want to see my cousin's, (lazy, hired a pro), go to http://www.andrewsrodeoco.com/ . He is the one that is still on the ranch and runs his rodeos out of there. PRCA. He is the one that got lucky and bought that bull Bodacious. Since then he has made more money than a pasture has grass. He is still making money off that bull from the durn thing's "clothing line", jewelry, and that doggone bull was even in Penthouse Magazine!!

Good article though. 'Course we only read the articles in those things anyway.

David

Comment

HA! HA! HA! You are a riot! Whew! I finished the second page with some pictures. If you want to see my cousin's, (lazy, hired a pro), go to http://www.andrewsrodeoco.com/ . He is the one that is still on the ranch and runs his rodeos out of there. PRCA. He is the one that got lucky and bought that bull Bodacious. Since then he has made more money than a pasture has grass. He is still making money off that bull from the durn thing's "clothing line", jewelry, and that doggone bull was even in Penthouse Magazine!!

Good article though. 'Course we only read the articles in those things anyway.

David
                          Wow ... you guys not only make and eat the "tough boy breakfast" but you really are the real thing!! This is so cool! And that's some Bull!! Just like on TV!

You are at full speed now on your site ... I tell you what, if you would like to email me at my ladyeye addy, found on my ladyeye site, I found something that you just might be interested in for your site ... I could send it to you ... I think you could use it.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

OK. I e-mailed you at your site. Nice site. My e-mail is dwbgandrews******.com . HA! Yeah, that bull was the real deal. He died several years ago after Sammy retired him. He was going to kill somebody. He put Tuffy Hedeman in the hospital for six weeks. There is a reason they call Tuffy "Tuffy".

David

Comment

Thanks! Chop up the leaves pretty good, then put them in the skillet the same time you pour in the eggs. Take a green orange and squeeze some juice on the eggs just before you eat them. I don't use salt or pepper since we always have chopped up fresh habanero peppers on the table. Sprinkle of couple of the pepper bits in there and chow down.

Enjoy and thanks again for all the tips!

dwbgandrews
                              Thanks... I will definitely try it this way it sounds delicious!

I see that you have come quite a long way on your website since your first post. Just a few suggestions. Your pages are very big and you have to scroll to the right to see everything. Most people don't like that and will leave a website quickly. They will scroll down for days but not to the right. If you could shrink your pages to anywhere between 1000 and 800 pixels wide, center your pages, shrink your photos down a bit and keep your navigation bar in the same place you will have an easy to manuever website that people will want to stay on.

Love the photos... it makes me miss wide open spaces!
                              Naturally Yours,
                              Dori
                              www.earthelixirs.com
                              www.earthelixirsinc.com
                              www.mineralmakeupdiva.com
                              www.virtualdesigndiva.com
                              www.enhancemineralcosmetics.com

Comment

Oh, and by 'shrink your photos' you don't have to reduce their size alot, just their 'weight' download the free pixresizer and reduce the wieght that way= you can see in that program what they will look like before you resize them, and once done your page will load much faster.
                                Liz
                                www.sebastopolparty.com
                                www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Working...
                                X