Images changing location when published

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Images changing location when published

I'm having issues where images on my site were swapped or placed in incorrect locations. Where a page had this problem, i could fix it by republishing the page, but that would have the effect or creating errors on other pages. Often "button" images would be moved or exchanged with product images as well.

This page you will see that some of my button images are missing from the left side navigation bar. http://www.holeinthegroundpro.com/darkerthanblack.html

Also on this page a button image has been put in place of where there is supposed to be a black box shape. http://www.holeinthegroundpro.com/busorenkin.html

These problems are occuring throughout the website.

I had this problem for awhile and when I recently got a new computer, I lost a lot of the image locations on my drive and had to relocate all my image files on teh new drive. I figured that this would be a good time to do some housecleaning and maybe get everything fixed. So, I erased everything in my ftp folder and republished ALL my pages starting with the index page. STILL, this problem persists! This site is for my business, so I'd like to get it fixed quickly.

Re: Images changing location when published

You must re-apply styles to all dynamic elements on your web pages, including hyperlink and Menu styles. When it comes to images, often the source paths are disrupted and need to be re-established also, especially if you are using the same image page-to-page, or possibly with an erroneous file title.

The apparent lapsing of continuity indicates you had made changes individually upon those pages to a Menu or other system that was copied from a single source, and now that the pathways are disrupted due to your system changes, you will need to re-affirm the paths of these objects and re-ordering them as needed.

It is a manual task that cannot be avoided.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Can you break down that a bit. What steps do I take exactly? I have no clue how I'm supposed to do what your telling me I need to do.

Also if I get this fixed, how do I prevent it from being an issue again?

Comment

I believe you have solved the issue.
        Please remember that when you create pages using the Save As comand, this will always occur if you edit images in one page (it will affect other pages too) because the image naming is the same for all pages.

To avoid this issue, if you create more pages using the Save As comand, you should do the following in the new page:

Edit -> Select All -> Cut

Then pste back everything using the top toolbar Paste tool (which pastes everything in the same position.

This way all objects in page (button and shape images included) will be assigned new names and will no longer conflict with other pages if you modify some of them.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

What I did on someone's recommendation was to create a "master page" containing my nav bar and any other elements (like company logo) that would appear on a majority of my pages.

I then cloned that page and systematically would copy over everything I wanted from "page xyz", save the cloned master as "page xyz" thus overwriting it, and publish. Then repeated the process with this cloned master the whole way through.

It fixed everything. Now if I make any changes to any of my pages like adding or deleting images, everything should still be ok, right?

Comment

Working...
          X