Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Images In Tables

Hi Beth

You're gonna kill me, but I figured you would like to know this especially if you're doing sites for clients.

This snap shot is taken using IE. I'm sure you know this setting, but if u press view...text size....largest. You will than see the overlapping that some people probably have mentioned to you.

When I did my site, I always previewed the pages in both browsers and had my setting on largest in IE, I tried to allow enough space so I don't run into any overlapping. I also tried to use tables wherever I could. You may want to consider this for future sites.

Mike

http://www.atexflooring.ca
    http://www.newfloor.ca

Comment

Please note that this is a problem with FireFox in combination with CSS HTML (which is used by BV to position the objects on the page). FireFox currently cannot handle this. In Microsoft IE 7 this feature works as expected and will resize all elements and not only the text.

We could have used tradtional HTML for BV, but that would have introduced a lot of limitations, like not being able to overlap objects, or create cool menus, shapes, etc, etc. We decided to go for the modern approach and use CSS, now we only have to wait until FireFox will catch up with IE7 and the WordWideWeb will be a better place:)
      Forum Moderator
      BlueVoda Spe******t

Comment

Well, Pablo, as you can see from the post above yours - there is overlapping if someone sets the largest tab in IE -

I did know about that - but the other people were in IE and were NOT in largest - it's actually in a thread here somewhere - the woman has it happen on a computer at work - and we don't know why - it happens with some others, also.

I have made my sites friendly to both IE and Firefox on regular settings - but then I'll get someone who it isn't friendly to - in IE - and I never can figure why if the settings aren't changed. (And making them friendly to both - has meant some weird spacing!)
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Some of your pages where created with an earlier version of BV, and that is why they still have this problem!

Solution:
          1. Open all your pages with the new BV
          2. Double click all text (so the underlining HTML will be regenerated)
          3. Save your files
          4. Republish
          You now should have no longer have any problem related to text.

Reason:
          Older versions of BV generated HTML in point sizes, which causes this behaviour. Newer versions (7.7 and higher) use pixels for the font size.
          Forum Moderator
          BlueVoda Spe******t

Comment

Thanks, I'll do that with all the A Child's Palace pages. Pinata Palace were all saved and published again last week - so it should be good!

Thanks much, Pablo - very good to know that I can easily rectify that!
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
            X