Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Advise would be greatly appreciated from the pro's

Hello

I am Planning my next web site and I really need some help on this one.
    I would like to have a website where people can list items for sale in specific categories with image upload after registering a sellers account, but also have a registration process for buyers. Something on the lines of that megalith company beginning with 'e' but not like them if you know what I mean. I would like to be able to charge a small insertion fee for sellers unlike Big-'e' through paypal which I know is owned by Big-'e' or perhaps use some other payment system so as keep big-'e' from getting any bigger.
    I was wondering if bluevoda, Soholaunch or or zen cart or other could be utilized for this or should I do I have to buy a ready made program script to achieve this.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and most welcome.
    Thanks in advance
    I will be away tomorrow but will check as soon as I get back.

Max
    Buy and Sell Antiques, Collectables & fine art
    Cheaper than feebay!
    visit:www.greatbritishantiques.com

Buy Wind spinners online
    They make the perfect gift
    visit:www.spin-city.co.uk

Re: Any Advise would be greatly appreciated from the pro's

Just a quick addon to my question

I came across PHP PROBID which I like the look and feel of reminds me of bluevoda.
    Easy-to-use online auction script software. Effective & powerful e-commerce features for running and managing online auctions, shopping carts and classifieds.

Can I intergrade this with my webhosting account & control panel?

Server requirements listed below

PHP Pro Bid is ideally suited to linux/unix web servers. PHP Pro Bid can be installed on the majority of Windows/IIS server but we cannot offer any assurances. Please ensure the server on which you will be installing PHP Pro Bid meets all the requirements below. If your unsure please contact the hosting company who provide your hosting. Alternatively E-Mail us the web address of your hosting company and we will check on your behalf. Server Requirements
    • 10MB Web-Space
    • Apache Web Server
    • PHP 4.x +
    • 1 MySQL Database - MySQL 4.1 +
    PHP Pro Bid also requires the creation of a Cron Job. The cron job keeps your site up to date and refreshed. It controls the time on the auctions and closes them when an auction has ended. It also automatically sends out E-Mails to users. We recommend setting this up via your hosting control panel such as Cpanel. If you don't have access to a web hosting control panel you can set PHP Pro Bid to run a cron job through the PHP Pro Bid admin area.

Your server should also have the GD library (2.0.15 +) installed as well as either Zend (engine and optimizer) or Ioncube support.
    Cheaper than feebay!

Buy Wind spinners online

Comment

No need to overcomplicate things, or to get in over your head (the questions you pose indicate an awkwardness that is rather telling).

Check out phpAuction in Fantastico! in your cPanel ..... simple one-click installation. And, similar to this only with different features is phpBidz (Google it) if you want to pay a few bones and have them install it for you.
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi, what you are looking at seems like the right tool for the job. I do remember Navaldesign making up a script for a similar site http://www.windameersfleamarket4u.com/. But is not on line at the moment. Might be worth dropping him a line.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
          Hi, what you are looking at seems like the right tool for the job. I do remember Navaldesign making up a script for a similar site http://www.windameersfleamarket4u.com/. But is not on line at the moment. Might be worth dropping him a line.
          Jolen migrated from that "custom" script to one that included the more of the features mentioned that were already available [free or nearly] in the scripts named .... under a new site seen here (and which also have been discussed here).
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks guys for your input, I will checkout your suggestions
            regards
            Max
            Cheaper than feebay!

Buy Wind spinners online

Comment

Vasili,

http://www.windameersfleamarket4u.com/ was NOT an auction script. It was a flea Market script with paid for booths and a PM system to allow through-site contacts.

Unfortunately, whilst the idea seemed good, it did not have commercial sucess and i believe that this is the reason Jolen took it offline.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Again thanks for your help in this guys, I have decided to try PHPauction
                I installed it using fantastico, but have not had much success in seeing it or logging into the admin section.
                it seems really quite complicated.
                I have scoured the tutorials and forums & PHPauction manual for a solution but also drawn a blank.

Please see another post I made regarding this on the forums

many thanks
                Cheaper than feebay!

Buy Wind spinners online

Comment

Working...
                X