IP & Google question??.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IP & Google question??.

Personally, I'd buy the name and do a redirect. But - if the content is different - and you can use adsense there - then that works. But if you'd prefer sales of your book, the redirect would be better as they'd be coming directly to the book they're looking for.

It's harder to optimize multiple sites for the same thing - and while Motoxxx says Google won't see it as duplicate text, Matt Cutts is also very careful to tell stores, etc to NOT use text provided by the manufacturer and suppliers, as the multiple text will hurt.

Now, if it's an article and on 2 sites, it should be the same. But a site's own content should not be duplicated on another. I cringe when I read "because it is much easier" - as those are the reasons that many of the methods of optimizing have had to change. The more we take the easy way out, the more the se's read them for what they are - easy ways out - and they will credit those with unique content ahead of us.

Now, the duplicate content - in minor ways - won't be the problem that things like using cloaking, spamming etc.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Re: IP & Google question??.

Very true about what Matt Cuts says about using text provided by manufacturers. Thanks for bringingthat up Bethers.
      Affordable Medical Insurance
      Discount Dental Plan
      Washington State Health Insurance
      Temporary Health Insurance
      Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

Working...
      X