This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: will google find me?

Shouldn't your sitemap indicate how often a SE returns????
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Comment

You mean shouldn't your meta tags do that? Actually, you can put that in, but they won't return according to it - They'll return according to whether you are doing things that make them feel they SHOULD return - like new content, # of visitors you get, etc. You can tell them to return every week, and they might for a couple weeks but if they see no change, they'll change it to monthly or even longer. I don't bother with that meta.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

I know it's a little outdated but i should say this information just tought me a LOT about search engines. Thank you all for this thread.

Doreen

Comment

Glad you got some help here!
          Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

good stuff thanks. looks like a lot of patienceis required.
            sigpicwww.summersands.in

Comment

Google still allows people to submit sites - they, and the other se's, simply don't find you faster because of it. But for a new site to submit once, it won't hurt - just don't repeat - and follow the other good se advice about getting links to your site, etc to help them.
              Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

I had major PC problems and had a technician here trying to resolve everything. While on it he commented that I had all my Mega Tags wrong in Blue Voda and that no spaces between words are allowe - like:
                Personal Assistance, Childrens Books, ...
                But does it make sense to write everything together?! I would never search for something like this:
                PersonalAssistance,Children'sBooks,Whateverelse
                I'd like to get it right, since my page really IS way back in google, but how do I do it?
                Thanks a lot (it's only been a year since I started LOL)!
                Claudia
                www.gruy.biz

Comment

Did the Tech resolve all of the problems?
                  CarbonTerry
                  Semper Fi
                  Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                  Zone 5 Photo
                  My USMC

Comment

You dont have to put spaces in the meta keyword tags, just a comma break. However you dont want 50 keywords either. Just 3 or 4 good keyword phrases will be more beneficial.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                    02036089024 / United Kingdom
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

wow
                      really this has been a really helpful read
                      thanks

Comment

Originally posted by VodaHost View Post
                        VodaHits is not free, but we do offer a one time free submission to all VodaHost customers.
                        Please open a support ticket to request this service.
                        Thats new to me! Should add this info on the homepage as a extra perk.

Comment

a good teacher is also a good student...beee well
                          http://www.beebrothers.org

Success is not a doorway. It is a staircase.

Comment

Interesting information! A bit confusing because certain answers cater to different styles of SEO management and the respective timeliness of submissions, as well as the reasons for the "do this" and "do not do that". I am still trying to make sense of it all.

I am on BV11 and I verify my links and they all show up okay. I then webcrwl my site using the sitemap generator and the BV Sitemap Generator only picks up on the text links from my page. Apparently the page links in my dropdown menu are not being read.

I will make a repeat menu at the bottom of each page (menu bar) and see if the sitemap generator crawls all my main pages showing on my dropdown menu on the top of my page.

There are too many questions (IMHO) not clearly asked and difficult to find using a search query due to non-relative thread titles like "Help me!" and "I need to know something", not enough clear answers answers from the ones who offer help (almost like a need to know feed that give a portion of an answer but not the comprehensive anser), and no clear categories to collect all relevant questions and answers into respective groups. Additionally, many of the problems that well-read BV users ask are not being comprehensively addressed in tutorials (i.e. sitemaps, html code, FTP, HTML codes to use when building to make things better such as the 1.5 line-spacing code, the no-cache code, etc.) Why aren't these things all collected together but rather scattered throughout the thousands of posts and one must make an exact search word or phrase to get near that useful information, and then sift through hundreds of ignorant posts that are made because a person did not use the tutorials or read-me files. Instead they jump the gun and start threads to ask how to insert a background, or how to download a file into their hard drive. Yeesh!

And regarding the vague and ambiguous responses; I almost get the feeling that we are not to be too informed or else we become the competition of the very people helping us, and so we are spared from the clear answers and only given overly reserved answers. I understand this, and say this respectfully, but I also feel that it is necessary for me to be honest with my feelings that I have since I have been viewing and contributing from the start. I do not post much because I am a "do-it-yourself-er" and therefore feel that when I do choose to ask for help, that my questions perhaps carry a bit more consideration because of the due diligence I have given to all the available resources, and the degree of difficulty extracting those resources because of the reasons listed above.

Anyways, sorry, but I had to get that out! I have been at this for 8 months and frequently get a knot in my gut when I read the over frequent posts that clutter up this forum, and could be avoided if the user simply did some READING/Vid Watching and then experiment a bit instead of posting the most simplest of Q&A queries and clearly demonstrating to the world that they did not do their homework and are asking "where is the chair?" that thay are sitting on.

I understand the factors that prevent the admins and volunteers from getting to every post, yet I feel that a comprehensive library could be used to refer the OP the more general problems and this would clear up more time for focus on the more tedious and intricate processes of getting the best out of BV.

With kindest regards,
                            John

Comment

John,

Sometimes vague answers are because the details take hours to explain, other times .. we are busy, and try to get the needed info out and go... Sometimes theres just no way to put it in terms that a newbie understands so they must do the background work first.

Organizing a library would also take hundreds of hours nobody here has. But its a good idea.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                              02036089024 / United Kingdom
                              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hello Karen, and thank you for your thoughtful reply.

Yes, I concur that to explain step-by-step would take too long, and covering all of the variable angles to any one solution (let alone multiple solutions) would be near impossible.

Yet to not come across as hijacking this thread, I did in fact use a menu bar and list all of my main pages in it and then added it to all of my pages at the bottom.

Then, when I again used the BV sitemap crawler, I was content to see all of my pages pop up (that I had placed that menu bar on). SO, I then made my sitemap and saved the text in notepad as UTF8 and FTP'd it into my public_html folder.

I then signed up with Google Webmaster Tools and added (submitted?) my site + /sitemap.xml and and now stand at ready to see my site in three weeks to 6 months, or whenever the Google bots come a-callin.

I also signed on to Google Adsense and put a robot text into same FTP folder as well as delete from Google some old pages that are showing up but as 404 errors (I had changed my page naming system and these seemed to have been crawled and were showing up as ghost pages). Google says it is okay to delete these ghost pages only if they are showing as 404's. We'll see.

Anyways, this is a first for me and getting to this point is something I never thought I would be doing, so it is definitely an achievement.

I will submit my website after this post for the masses to review and critique. I certainly hope that my methods are per Google specifications.

Thank you Karen for your time and I sincerely do value your input as well as all the others who are too many to list, yet thought of kindly.

John

Comment

Working...
                                X