X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Meta tags in yahoo

Originally posted by koolspaces.com View Post
    Bethers -
    Are you saying that I shouldn't precede my page names with the term "subform" as that will not display significant results as no one will be searching with the term "subform?"

In other words, say I have a Yankees Baseball website. Page 2 is named "subform_pitchers," page 3 "subform_hitters," are you saying my searches will be lower because of the term "subform?"

Thanks for clearing that up.
    lower? well, I know that if I was looking for hitters, I would search for hitters, not subform hitters.. and that is what matters - how are your pages going to be found? You should name them using the terms by which people will be searching, if you can.
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Originally posted by pioneerVicki View Post
      I'm a bit confused as to what to name pages. BV says to keep them short - then sent through some marketing tips which included giving pages a real expressive name that included your key words. Do you save them as one thing & give them a title in another place? I did that when I first started building, but then went back to having everything the same. I'm still learning the system.
      Vicki - since you're building a store - why don't you look at either of the stores in my signature for how I've named pages. Some of the page names are longer - just because they make sense that way - but overall, I'm a fan of short names, when appropriate. The thing is - the page name will help both you and your visitors if it's appropriate to what the page is. And anything that's good for your visitors/customers is good for you and usually the se's.

And, Vicki, the page name and the page title are 2 completely different things. The name is what is part of the url. The title is what appears all the way at the top of the screen in the blue bar way up top - and that is also what a visitor will get if they click to save the page in favorites.

Koolspaces, you were already answered, but I just want to ask - why would you even want the term subforms on any page name? What's the reason or value of that to you or your visitors, let alone the se's?
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Bethers-

When Windows first come out, Visual Basic programmers and the like were encouraged to follow a certain naming convention that is out of date today. Back then, the internet was so new that very few people knew what a "SE" was.

7 Signs You May Have a (hic) Holiday Rinking Problem
        www.YouTube.com/koolspaces

Comment

Originally posted by koolspaces.com View Post
          When Windows first come out, Visual Basic programmers and the like were encouraged to follow a certain naming convention that is out of date today. Back then, the internet was so new that very few people knew what a "SE" was.
          Your point is what, exactly?
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I answered her question! There is no point. The obsolete programming convention called for differentiating the main form from all the subforms which could lieterally be in the dozens.

7 Signs You May Have a (hic) Holiday Rinking Problem
            www.YouTube.com/koolspaces

Comment

Hi
              How do i upload my site to yahoo and other search engines for free.
              Jo

Comment

Go to google and type in submi my URL, Do the same in other search engines, Thats what I did. maybe someone else can give us more ideas

Comment

*AHEM*

Don't forget that upon request, VodaHost will professionally submit your website to all the major Search Engines without cost, one time only!

Manual submission is not a recommended practice, and multiple submission (even though using either Google's or Yahoo's utilities) can actually penalize your site, for the SE's read this as they would an automated submission: counterfeit effort, or ulterior motive. All websites are regularly visited and cached at least once every 45 days (every 28-32 days is more usual) and submission by any means does not hasten the "to-do" list of any Search Engine!
                  . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                  * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
                    *AHEM*

Don't forget that upon request, VodaHost will professionally submit your website to all the major Search Engines without cost, one time only!

Manual submission is not a recommended practice, and multiple submission (even though using either Google's or Yahoo's utilities) can actually penalize your site, for the SE's read this as they would an automated submission: counterfeit effort, or ulterior motive. All websites are regularly visited and cached at least once every 45 days (every 28-32 days is more usual) and submission by any means does not hasten the "to-do" list of any Search Engine!
                    hi
                    how do i get vodahost to submit my url to search engines please

Comment

Originally posted by jolyons View Post
                      hi
                      how do i get vodahost to submit my url to search engines please
                      Hi,

Submit a support ticket here requesting your one time free se submission. (I'd make sure your site was as close to perfect as you can make it when doing so.)
                      Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Working...
                      X