What's most "Google Important?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's most "Google Important?"

Agree entirely Beth, I have seen many extremely well known companies with websites that look extremely flashy but where's the optimisation?

You would think with all their money....
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Well, the thing is - with all their money - some of them spend it on PPC - some of them just have enough business because people search for them by name (like Google). The rest of us - have to be found by what we're doing. :)
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

True, my brother spends about £25,000 on Adwords a year... I dream of being able to be rich enough to pay Google that!!!!
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Google is so big I dont think they have to do anything to get found. If they collapse or disappear one really has to wonder what becomes of the internet?

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
            Google is so big I dont think they have to do anything to get found. If they collapse or disappear one really has to wonder what becomes of the internet? Karen
            It remains, and reverts to something more likely to resemble what it was once: a medium free(er) from tryanny and dominating nefarious influences.....

. VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this or not, but I have noticed and using the same search words during the morning, noon or night that this will bring you different results - you can be in the #1 spot in the morning, #3 two hours later and #16 or so later that night ..and the next day it does it all over again .. lol ... I've seen this with several sites .. I am wondering if they are sharing the "pie" around a bit every so many hours. And some even ahead of "sponsored spots" . So what appears at the time you look may not be what appears at the time someone else looks .. ??? Any thoughts Beth ???

P.S. Chris .. lol .. should we edit that or what .. lmbo ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Holly, from what I know user queries are routed to different data centers constantly to keep an even balance of info and to upkeep on response time. Each data center has its own version of Google's data, which is being constantly updated, which I guess may lead to what you are experiencing.

So what I am saying is that one minute you type a search in the results come from one data centre but the next time there is a chance it comes from another.

Beth, have I got this right?

Comment

But other guys have technology too and Google worry
                  About new progress this guys here

Zlatko
                  www.mercataworld.com
                  www.marradonconstructions.com
                  www.ekm-inspirationalmusic.com

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
                    From what I know user queries are routed to different data centers constantly to keep an even balance of info and to upkeep on response time. Each data center has its own version of Google's data, which is being constantly updated, which I guess may lead to what you are experiencing.So what I am saying is that one minute you type a search in the results come from one data centre but the next time there is a chance it comes from another. Have I got this right?
                    No ... apparently you have learned a bit from earlier posts about data centers, but that is not how Google or Yahoo actually works (unless you are searching for foreign extensions specifically, and then the added metrics come into play). They do not "shift" results around from center to center as would a power grid .... the various centers provide a different set of data to be compiled, and are locally productive (for example, since you are in the UK, your display might be different than a US customer).

You know that each site has a different cache schedule, right? And, like any other mechanical/electrical device, loads are balanced? Because even the slightest difference between cache of new or updated data will skew results, they use the basics to even out the core result querry (content): in other words, due to the variable nature of sites and the overall scheme used to produce results, you may also see the influence of hard-rank metrics (at least temporarily) such as true traffic counts, link values (shifting values of reciprocol links or back-sites), how the querry is valued according to trend (i.e. is it a current "hot word"?), and other attributes.

It is a never-ending shifting of the sand, placing a greater emphasis on being on the first page (which has been shortened to less than 20) than in the "Top Ten" ...... LOLOLOL
                    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                    X