This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Your Google Sitemap

ok, now ive noticed another problem. I changed some things on my homepage this morning. I just went to view my homepage - just to check it all looks ok. And nothing has changed, its just displaying all the old content. I thought I had this problem the other day but I thought it was just me.
    Perhaps this is why my new sitemap isn't showing?
    Anyone know whats going on?
    Please help...
    Ash Whitehair

Comment

Just press F5 sometimes. It's your browser cacheing
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Ive tried that and it still doesn't work. What I have noticed is that when I publish my 'home page' nothing changes when I view it...all my other pages are fine.
        Ash Whitehair

Comment

Are you saving your page with the correct name ?
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi,

I have just downloaded the ror site map and uploaded it to the public folder, created a hyperlink in the home page, the problem now is how can i find out if it has worked?

Thanks

Sara
            www.anxietynomore.co.uk
            The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
            Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
            Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

Dis you download the ror.xml file that you created for your site, or did you download the program?
              Either way, you create the sitemap file (this can be done directly on their site or running the software from your desktop) and then upload the ror.xml file that is created on your public_html folder. After that you must create a text link or image link fron your index page to the ror.xml file, for crawlers to be able to spot it.
              To make sure it's there, click on that link to see if it comes up.
              Navaldesign

Comment

Hi

I didn't download it, I found the program on rorweb.com.

I put our address in and clicked generate map it has come up with alot of html which they say copy and paste into a word document, i have done that now it says upload the file into the top (or root) folder of your website but which part is that?

Thanks

Sara
                www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

No, you must copy the generated code, and paste it in Notepad. Then go to Save as, Choose file type "All files" and save it as "ror.xml". Upload the "ror.xml" file in your public_html directory. Then, create a link from your index page to the ror.xml file.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

The code is correct. Just follow my instructions: copy it, paste it in notepad etc.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

There is no next. If you have uploaded the file, and created the link from your index page to the ror.xml file, you are done.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Hi

I made a link from the index page and put in a hyperlink but when i clicked on it all i got was the html code come up??

Is that how it is supposed to look?

Sara
                        www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

Yes. It's for the search engines to find it. It describes your site.
                          Navaldesign

Comment

am trying to get my site map up and running when i tried to download file a message appeared that said...
                            it does not look like your system is configuered to properly view this file,you can continue,but the file you are trying to view may look wrong.

any suggestions??

i tried opening but now it tells me this installation package could not be opened. contact the app vendor to verify that this is a valid windows installer package.

what do i have to do.....

Malcolm Pender

Comment

hi guys could you help out please.....

I have finally figured out how to download the site generator (was having problems but got another version) and i have my rorfile on my desktop i have already created a hyperlink called http://www.biz-giant.com/ror.xml its on the first page or index page.
                              I have been watching the vidio but when i went to the ftp control room i have all kinds jpg and other images seperate in the right hand side(should i create a folder and put all images inside it?).
                              i did like the vidio said and got connected and double clicked on the new folder i created called sitemap but it wont show me how or were to get to my desktop so i can upload the file. what am i doing wrong here?

thank you
                              malcolm1

Malcolm Pender

Comment

On the left side of your monitor you should be able to see your computer's content. Browse to find your ror.xml file, and simplu drag it in your public_html folder. You should NOT put it in any other folder, at least not if the link is like you wrote above (as it is, it requires the ror.xml to be in the public_html directory).

DO NOT move images in another folder. They need to be in the same folder as your pages files, otherwise they won't come up.
                                Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                                X