X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Your Google Sitemap

thx... naveldesign

I minimized the screen and dropped and draged it into the folder i had named sitemap. i think its working now because when i hit the little ror icon or the sitemap link which is located at the bottom of page it shows all the links were it showed nothing before. so if you get a minute could you see if its correct.
    also if i change content on any of my pages do i have to do this all over again or is update itself?

please see if its been done correctly

thank you
    malcolm1

http://www.biz-giant.com

oppps almost forgot to ask ....do i have to put this link on all pages?

Malcolm Pender

Comment

Your link works ok, but it is NOT in any other folder(called sitemap). It is in your public_html directory, as it should be.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I can also see that you have TWO ror.xml files in your site, one in your public_html folder, and one in a subfolder called "sitemap". Didn't look to see if they are identical, but the link in your main page leads to the one that is uploaded in your public_html.

The ror file should not be changed when you edit your pages. It should be updated when you ADD or DELETE pages.
        Last edited by navaldesign; 06-06-2006, 07:33 AM.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for the tip!! Does the link need to be visible? I.E. could it be in white so it isn't part of the layout?
          CarbonTerry
          Semper Fi
          Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
          Zone 5 Photo
          My USMC

Comment

Yes, you can make it invisible. The important think is that it exists in your index page (which means that it also exists in your page html code) so crawlers can find it
            Last edited by navaldesign; 06-06-2006, 08:46 AM.
            Navaldesign

Comment

Thank you.........
              CarbonTerry
              Semper Fi
              Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
              Zone 5 Photo
              My USMC

Comment

June 7, 2006

Dear Brad:

I have had my website up and running for 2 months, however, it will not come up in search engines. I was reading through the search engine forum and came across your advice about creating a site map. After I clicked on FTP manager and tried to connect to server, I got a message that said never allow FTP connection and I accidentally clicked YES when I should have clicked NO. Now it won't let me on. I cannot believe I did such a thing. Can you help me? Kathy

Comment

Brad~

Thanks for this post. It took me awhile to get to it but your directions were great and it was really easy to take care of. Thank you thank you

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
                    The problem is usually that ROR can't follow links in the menubar (as also most of the existing sitemapers). The solution is to create a sitemap page (have a look at www.navaldesign.info/sitemap.html ) and put a link to this page in your index page. This way both ROR and the SE will be able to trace all of your pages.
                    Hi Naval,

Does it mean you did not use any site map generator software, instead you have manually created the site map page (www.navaldesign.info/sitemap.html)? I have used ror to generate a sitemap but it only shows my index. All the other html pages are not captured, probably like you say "The problem is usually that ROR can't follow links in the menubar (as also most of the existing sitemapers)". I have all the other html pages in my index page linked using menu bar.

So what is the difference between using a sitemapper and manually creating one? I mean in terms of SEO purposes.

Regards
                    YM
                    (: Read Only The Good Stuff And Your Day Will Be Blessed :)

Comment

Hey!

When I use the ROR program and type in my URL it only shows my home page URL. Since my index page is a page that lets you choose what language you want to proceed with...
                      Best regards,
                      Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

I used another sitemapper. Anyway, i first created the manual sitemap, as a guide to the visitors, then had the sitemapper explore my sitemap page to "discover" all pages, edited it, and then it automatically created the xml file that is necessary for SE.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Thnak you so much for getting me this far! Have tried the ROR and Net before and got nowhere.

Now, I have downloaded the ROR and Net 1.0 but it said I needed 1.4...didn´t have that one from Brad´s link so I downloaded the 1.0 and it opened the ROR but it isn´t the same form shown above it has two fields to fill out
                          1. Input text file and 2. Output ROR feed.
                          I do not know what to do, please help
                          Yucatanchas
                          Playa del Carmen
                          Quintana Roo, México 77710

http://www.envirocurricula.com
                          http://www.yucatanchas.envirocurricu...catanchas.html

Comment

Thanks Naval,

I did the same, manually created a sitemap page then use ROR to generate a sitemap from the sitemap page I created. However, ROR still shows only my index page.

Any suggestions?

Comment

Create a temporary text link from your homepage to your sitemap page. You can delete it after running ROR . The text link will help ROR find your sitemap page and consequently all the other links.
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Hi Jeremy,

That's very puzzling isn't it. I'm looking for an answer to the problem too. :)

Comment

Working...
                                X