This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Your Google Sitemap

Thanks for the info...link is on my home page and everything seems to be working...

questions is:

i read above, i think, that the ror.xml is for google? what does yahoo and msn want?

tia
    http://www.beebrothers.org

Success is not a doorway. It is a staircase.

Comment

ok yahoo says i have to authenicate my site
      so i made a page called it y_key_bb16650bab36b679.html and published it

then i dont understand how to enter the content (b1e44ea1f03216ca).

they said download it and insert it into the page, but how...i did it two ways one as text and another as html with the file inserted...

but that still doesnt solve the yahoo site map format, cant locate it on their site

not sure how to what i'm doing :)

Comment

or do i upload the .html file the gave me to public_html as is?

Comment

hmm.

Comment

I think you are missing a step with yahoo - I believe they want you to put that info into the head section of your page - so they can authenticate that you are the owner - not that they are asking for you to make a page of that name.

Since I'm going by past experience, and not recently, I'm unable to say for sure this is what is happening - but go back to the directions step-by-step - and see if that's correct - if so, you need to take that string and insert it into the proper place on the page html (right click on the page and put it where told - either body or head).
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

o i c..i cant get the directions back because it is pending authorization...what a pain...

this is what is showing now:
              Please keep the file y_key_bb16650bab36b679.html on your site and do not change the content (b1e44ea1f03216ca). We will authenticate your site ownership by checking this file within 24 hours.

Comment

these are the directions:
                Download an authentication key (DO NOT change the file name or content):
                If you have problem with downloading the authentication key, please create a text file named as y_key_55e1a31225dfc513.html, put this string ed604720f62e5221 into the file.

Upload the verification file to your site.
                Please upload the key file that you downloaded or created yourself at the root level of your site directory.
                The expected file path is http://www.beebrothers.org/y_key_55e1a31225dfc513.html.

i don't get it?

Comment

If Yahoo works like Google, then yes, you got that ok. Google asks for a page to be created and published on your site, in the public_html folder. This page is to be named after the key they gave you, so their crawler looks for the key page, and automatically captures your identity.

If Yahoo is using the same system (which i don't know) then you have done things ok.
                  Navaldesign
                  Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi Brad,
                    I've been folwing your recommendations regarding creat a site map. I've done it all and I'm about to creat a 'discrret hiperlink' on my home page as you have sugested. My questions are: will this link be visible and available for the people click on? What do I do next? The idea is to creat it so google can index my page fast and I get info about my site, isn't it? How do I do that?
                    Hope to hear from you soon and thanks a lot!
                    Flavio
                    N Z B R
                    t o u r s
                    New Zealand Tours
                    Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
                    Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
                    Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
                    Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

Hi There!
                      What do I do after creating a hyperlink to ror form my homepage?
                      People will be able to clik on it? What happens next?
                      Sorry but I've been folowing your advices regarding site map and now I don't know what do next.
                      Really appreciate your help.
                      Thanks a lot,
                      Flavio
                      N Z B R
                      t o u r s
                      New Zealand Tours
                      Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
                      Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

A discrete link to the ror file can be a small size font word like "Sitemap" or "ror" or their own small "ror" image. It is not important that people click on it (although they will be able to). The important is that SE spiders will see it and they will then trace your ror file, thus finding your pages described in it.
                        Navaldesign
                        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks a lot 'navaldesign' for your help!

I've put the link on the last picture on the right (guy playing golf). But when you click on it, comes up an error message. When u have some time would u check it for me and tell me what i'm doing wrong?
                          site is: nzbrtours.com

(I've been trying hard to make my site 'google friendly', choosing the right key words,etc...and now following your advices regarding site map)

thanks again,
                          Flavio
                          N Z B R
                          t o u r s
                          New Zealand Tours
                          Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
                          Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

other problem (i think): when I created the link the following line apeared on the html code of the page:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

this line s even above <html> at the very begining of the code. (you can see it when you click VIEW>>>>PAGE HTML) is it right, this line on the very top of the codes?

thanks
                            Flavio
                            N Z B R
                            t o u r s
                            New Zealand Tours
                            Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
                            Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

Can't see anything wrong with your homepage code. it's clear. Maybe you have fixed it in the meantime ?

However, seems like the "ror.xml" file is not uploaded on your site. You need to get the file (or code, depends on what option you have selected when you created your sitemap) and upload it in your "public_html".
                              Navaldesign

Comment

I seem to have a problem with the Google sitemap and the ROR sitemap. When they are created there are no individual urls listed. It seems to stop at the homepage. Help would be appreciated.
                                Thanks in advance,
                                Larry

Comment

Working...
                                X