X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your Google Sitemap

Originally posted by goldenleaf
    If you edit your "key words" or "page description" or other information in your web site should you redo the sitemap?
    No

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Would someone mind checking to see if my ror.xml button is applied correctly? Id apreciate that.

Comment

Originally posted by kassi59
        Would someone mind checking to see if my ror.xml button is applied correctly? Id apreciate that.
        Perfect!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I like perfect! It took some time but it was a good thing all in all.
          thank you!

Comment

Ror site map

Hello....who knows from where do i have to upload my Ror site map, from BV, from ftp or where.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Re: Ror site map

I have generated my site map but when trying to paste the Ror button in he html window, in preview i can see the Ror word on my logo, how do i close the html window, i really do not know....

Comment

Originally posted by Julia
                I have generated my site map but when trying to paste the Ror button in he html window, in preview i can see the Ror word on my logo, how do i close the html window, i really do not know....
                Why must you close it? Move it somewhere it doesn't bother you. However youn delete it the clasic way: select it and delete it
                Navaldesign
                Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by Julia
                  Hello....who knows from where do i have to upload my Ror site map, from BV, from ftp or where.

Thanks in advance
                  Upload the ror.xml file using ftp, and link the ROR image in your index page to the ror.xml file
                  Navaldesign
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I added ror sitemap generator some weeks ago and it was working with Google. However, Google recently stopped finding the site (harbourfolkband.com) - I later realised I hadn't made a discreet link from the home page to the .xml file and I fixed that. I also did the whole ror generation process again and have a ror.xml file in my public_html FTP area plus a discreet link on the homepage http//www.harbourfolkband.com/ror.xml - however, Google doesn't find the site. Do you have any ideas ????

Regards

Richard

Comment

• Re: Your Google Sitemap

Not 100% certain but think you have to wait for the googlebot to crawl your site again. You can tell when it has by checking your AWSTATS in control panel.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I did a hyperlink from an image on my home page as blah blah blah/ror.xml.
                        Is this what you mean by a link? It has been awhile since I have used the tools.

Comment

my link to the ror file would only accept "ror.xml. its embedded at the bottom of my web page on the left in the image of the waterdrop. is that okay? www.spanda.com thanks mochi

Comment

Hi i am a newbie so please forgive my lack of knowledge but what is the purpose of this? I did do it as instructed but google still isnt finding my site, is that what this ror thing is suppose to do?
                            thanks
                            Valerie
                            Valerie
                            www.whitelightningmaltese.com

Comment

Originally posted by LARRYSLOMA1
                              I did a hyperlink from an image on my home page as blah blah blah/ror.xml.
                              Is this what you mean by a link? It has been awhile since I have used the tools.
                              I did the same thing and it still doesnt work, google doesnt find my site, so do i really need this ror if it doesnt work?
                              thanks
                              Valerie
                              Valerie
                              www.whitelightningmaltese.com

Comment

Originally posted by whitelightning
                                I did the same thing and it still doesnt work, google doesnt find my site, so do i really need this ror if it doesnt work?
                                thanks
                                Valerie
                                Please don't get confused about creating a sitemap and submitting to Google or Yahoo or Msn etc. Ror creates a sitemap in xml.format. This ror.xml file contains all the page links that ror has found in your site. The link to this ror file in your home page, helps spiders to lokate the ror.xml file, and from there, all your pages.
                                This means that ror.xml is useful at the point that a Search engine visits your site. IT DOES NOT SUBMIT YOUR SITE TO GOOGLE, YAHOO etc. To submit your site to search engines, so they can find it, you can
                                1. Eenter google (or yahoo or other)SE site, find the "Submit a Site" page, and manually submit
                                2. Buy a commercial sitemaper, which after creating the sitemap, upload it on your server and also submits the info to Google, Yahoo etc.
                                3. Have Vodahost make for you the One time free submission to search engines. You must submit a support ticket for this.
                                4. Subscribe to a SE optimisation and Submission service, like http://www.vodahits.com/ that will help you optimise your site and will submit frequently to search engines.

Please note that it make even take 6 - 8 weeks before Google indexes a site, even a submitted one, IF it does. Not All sites get indexed.
                                Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                                X