X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Your Google Sitemap

Originally posted by spandamed
    my link to the ror file would only accept "ror.xml. its embedded at the bottom of my web page on the left in the image of the waterdrop. is that okay? www.spanda.com thanks mochi
    yes, that's ok
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks Navaldesign, i went with option 3 because i was confused...hehe
      Valerie
      www.whitelightningmaltese.com

Comment

• Re:I think I have got it done correctly can you check?

Hi Brad, Iam half blind by now, But I think ..I have the site map done correctly but not sure.
        I went by the instruction the mapper box gives as to placing the button on home page (placed it in html box) and I "think" I have the file uploaded correctly. So at bottom of my home page http://www.displaycasej.com
        there is the ror link that the mapper instructions tell you to place.
        if you have a minute please take a look and tell me if thats it or if I need to link it to the actual url http://www.displaycasej.com/ror.xml
        or if its all wrong.
        Thanks!
        John Marx
        J-Display Case

Comment

Hi, I need some help hyperlinking my ROR Sitemap to my index page. I used the ROR Sitemap Generator downloaded from bluevoda, created an ROR file and saved it to my desktop. I then uploaded the ror file to my public_html file throught the ftp manager. My question is now that it is uploaded into my public folder how do I go about hyperlinking it to my homepage? I am new to creating web pages so if someone could give me step by step instructions it would be greatly appreciated. Do I need to create a whole new page for the ror file and then link it or what? I am lost. I opened up my homepage in the website builder to try to link it, but the hyperlink button on the toolbar is not lit up (I don't have the option to click on it) when I open the page I have built. So I don't know how to place a hyperlink in my existing page without the button being active to do so. Thanks in advance for your help.

Comment

• Easy Way to Get ROR

Hi
            I spent all day yesterday pursuing the same ROR path as other forum users before me. First I downloaded ROR, then I had to download a massive .NET file which didn't exactly correspond to the file name that the ROR program wanted, then I had to download a windows service pack. And at the end of the day it didn't work, so I googled "ROR sitemap generator" and came up with the following URL www.rorweb.com/rormap.htm

At that site, I entered my URL and within a few seconds it had scanned my site and came back with a ROR.XML file. The instructions stated to upload it to my top directory, which having read this forum, I can do with Blueftp.

There was also a second line of code which they instructed to copy into the <HEAD> of my index page. Presumably this code tells web crawlers to jump to the ROR.XML file.

I couldn't figure out how to access the source code with the BV website builder, so I submitted a ticket about "How to access source code" and this morning the Help desk referred me here where I found some answers.

I assume that there never will be a way to access the BV encoding of the webpages, and hence you suggest that we put a discrete link from our homepage to the ROR.XML file in our top directory.

BUT, could one, as an alternative insert this code, into the <HEAD> by putting it in under author's name in the index page properties?

David (Paraiso)

Comment

The page code is accessible for ADDING code. Just rig***lick somewhere in a blank space of your page, select Page Html, and, for this case,
              click on Between Head TAg, and paste the code there.
              Navaldesign
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi Brad
                What does this site map normally contain ??
                I have about 15 pages with various internal and external links
                but they are not listed in the ror.xml file...or have I got this wrong?
                Have fun
                Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                Newbies / Beginners Forum
                FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

The problem is usually that ROR can't follow links in the menubar (as also most of the existing sitemapers). The solution is to create a sitemap page (have a look at www.navaldesign.info/sitemap.html ) and put a link to this page in your index page. This way both ROR and the SE will be able to trace all of your pages.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Hi naval
                    Thanks for the quick reply....
                    Are you saying that I have to create a site map, listing Every link in my site,
                    to enable a site mapper to work ??
                    Or should I just list the pages(page names?)
                    Have fun
                    Regards..... David

Comment

You have to create a page listing all the URL's. If, at the same time you want it to be also a visible and useful to visitors sitemap, you can do it as i did, listed the pages names, and linked every name to the relevant URL.

There are some sitemapers (usuallly paid a smal price for) that will even create a dynamic or static tree structure of your site for presentation reasons (they create a html page with the tree structure) and you can edit the tree, adding pages missing, deleting the ones that you don't want to be there, adding or modifying the page description and name and so on. They then create the xml file, and they even submit it at least to Google.

I prefered this kind of sitemap, as i want to add two more columns, in English and in French.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Originally posted by kassi59
                        Hey Brad - I downloaded the program and when I tried to install it that was the message I recieved. The message I get is:
                        This network requires the .NET Framework version 1.1.4322. Please install the .NET Framework and run this set up again.
                        I looked on my program list and I have the 1.1.3 version but Im guessing I need an upgrade on it. Ill try your link - Thank you so much!
                        kate
                        HI Kate,

did you hhave any luck with this? I have the same problem as yourself!

cheers

dave
                        Dave

Law of Attraction Books
                        Hypnotherapy Hertfordshire
                        Reiki Books

Comment

This is a windows quirk , it needs ,net installed, most computers have it
                          pre-installed, some dont.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                          02036089024 / United Kingdom
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for the reply,

given that quirk, is there an alternative to ror or should I sort out windows?

thanks

dave
                            Dave

Law of Attraction Books
                            Hypnotherapy Hertfordshire
                            Reiki Books

Comment

Hi,

I have just clicked on the link for ROR to donload, and it says i needed the net programme, I have downloaded this but when i have tried to ope ror it still says i need t net programme, I have tried this about 4 times now.

Does anybody know what i am doing wrong?

Thanks
                              Sara
                              www.anxietynomore.co.uk

Comment

perhaps this excerpt from a prior post might do the trick

Hi
                                I spent all day yesterday pursuing the same ROR path as other forum users before me. First I downloaded ROR, then I had to download a massive .NET file which didn't exactly correspond to the file name that the ROR program wanted, then I had to download a windows service pack. And at the end of the day it didn't work, so I googled "ROR sitemap generator" and came up with the following URL www.rorweb.com/rormap.htm

At that site, I entered my URL and within a few seconds it had scanned my site and came back with a ROR.XML file. The instructions stated to upload it to my top directory, which having read this forum, I can do with Blueftp.

There was also a second line of code which they instructed to copy into the <HEAD> of my index page. Presumably this code tells web crawlers to jump to the ROR.XML file.
                                Have fun
                                Regards..... David

Comment

Working...
                                X