95% of all Windows XP boxes have this.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Re: Your Google Sitemap

Im having a little problem, I downloaded the sitemap genarator, created a sitemap. Installed the site map to my site. I then created a link on my homepage in the bottom right hand corner www.eatingnorfolk.com/ror.xml

When I click on it to test to see if its working ... it doesn't work!

Please Help!

www.eatingnorfolk.com
      Ash Whitehair

Comment

Hi,

well done for finding that info davidundalicia, this was driving me a bit round the bend!

when you say "upload it to my top directory, which having read this forum, I can do with Blueftp."

could you elabortae or point me to the tutorial, soory have not dealt with ftp yet, will be good learning! I hope!!

cheers

Dave
        Dave

Law of Attraction Books
        Hypnotherapy Hertfordshire
        Reiki Books

Comment

Originally posted by ash.whitehair
          Im having a little problem, I downloaded the sitemap genarator, created a sitemap. Installed the site map to my site. I then created a link on my homepage in the bottom right hand corner www.eatingnorfolk.com/ror.xml

When I click on it to test to see if its working ... it doesn't work!

Please Help!

www.eatingnorfolk.com
          Use BlueFTP to verify that the ror.xml file has indeed been uploaded on your public_html folder
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi thanks for that, I double checked where I put the file and it was in the wrong place.
            If someone could still try it out for me that would be great!
            Once again thanks,
            A.Whitehair
            Ash Whitehair

Comment

Hi ash.whitehair,
              Went to your site and found your ror link and it seems to
              be working OK.......
              btw: very nice site you have there.....

David marshall,
              Naval has given you the clue above.
              Just go into BV FTP and upload your ror.xml file to your public dir.....
              You can find a tutorial at: http://www.vodahost.com/tut_bluevoda.htm
              Have fun
              Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
              Newbies / Beginners Forum
              FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
              My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
              Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

thanks david,

here we go

Dave
                Dave

Law of Attraction Books
                Hypnotherapy Hertfordshire
                Reiki Books

Comment

Hi
                  I used the ROR site map tool and uploaded the .xml file into the public html file, I then made an image and Hyperlinked to it. Then I added the ROR button and it seemed to do the same job, so I deleted the image. Am I mistaken? please advise. my URL is www.madmermaids.com
                  John
                  http://www.madmermaids.com

Comment

Originally posted by MadMermaid
                    Hi
                    I used the ROR site map tool and uploaded the .xml file into the public html file, I then made an image and Hyperlinked to it. Then I added the ROR button and it seemed to do the same job, so I deleted the image. Am I mistaken? please advise. my URL is www.madmermaids.com
                    It works fine, so I don't think you need worry. :o)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thanks Amanda but site works fine or ror feed works fine?
                      John
                      John
                      http://www.madmermaids.com

Comment

ror link works fine
                        Navaldesign
                        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

got a problem. I uploaded my sitemap the other day and everything works fine. I decided to do some research on other people sitemaps, when I looked at other peoples sitemaps they were alot bigger than mine. So I went back on ROR and did a sitemap again, and what do you know it produced a bigger and better sitemap than my previous one......So I went into my FTP manager and deleted the old ror.xml file and replaced it with the new one. I then uploaded my website. When I try out the discreet link at the bottom of my site the old sitmap appears!!!??? Why is this? Anyone knows?
                          Ash Whitehair

Comment

Originally posted by ash.whitehair
                            got a problem. I uploaded my sitemap the other day and everything works fine. I decided to do some research on other people sitemaps, when I looked at other peoples sitemaps they were alot bigger than mine. So I went back on ROR and did a sitemap again, and what do you know it produced a bigger and better sitemap than my previous one......So I went into my FTP manager and deleted the old ror.xml file and replaced it with the new one. I then uploaded my website. When I try out the discreet link at the bottom of my site the old sitmap appears!!!??? Why is this? Anyone knows?
                            Probably due to your browser caching. Hit F5 a few times or hold down shift while you refresh your page.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Tried that girl on the hill but its still not working.
                              Ash Whitehair

Comment

found your sitemap and it only contains a link to your iomepage. So i can only assume that you have accidentally uploaded again the old file. Make sure that the new file has not been saved in your computer with another name (f.e. "ror.xlm (1) ") , find the correct file and upload it again. You don't need to delete the old file form your site: re-uploading (with FTP) will overwrite it
                                Last edited by navaldesign; 05-10-2006, 10:25 AM.
                                Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                                X