X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flash code & Google

Hi guys,

I have found this really cool banner and would like to put on the top of my site. Not sure if I should replace my <h1> tag with it as i was told that google doesn't index it. If not in the <h1> can I put it anywhere else in the page?

Here is the code: <script src="http://h1.flashvortex.com/display.php?id=3_1252701795_8246_342_0_468_60_9_88 " type="text/javascript"></script>

It has some of my most important keywords.

Many thanks in advance,
    N Z B R
    t o u r s
    New Zealand Tours
    Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
    Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
    Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
    Neuseeland Reisen

Re: Flash code &amp; Google

Google will not "value" Flash, nor will mobile devices display it at all.

H-Tags refer to both "relative position" and to "Content" values, but more specifically Textual values included on web pages. This means that by default, the h1 tag is nearest the top of every page until re-associated with text that comprises your Content ... and generally, this is supposed to be an "Introductory" element of text (i.e. your first Headline, or 'Title' to a paragraph).

It is archaic practice to lay text under an element such as a header (that is typically an image -not a Flash file- that could usually only have attributes of ALT Text or Title) in order to contribute toward any SE valuations. That is why in days gone by the practice was to create KeyWord/KeyPhrase values as simple text, designate them as h1, and lay them under a header .... so some value would be picked up by the SE's and still remain 'hidden' to visitors and not affect the 'look-and-feel' of a site design or layout.

Since the devaluation of most of simple website META valuations by Google in October 2008 (which was done to revert back to Core web valuations in order to thwart the manipulation of META by ill-intended webbies attempting to unfairly elevate sub-standard websites), the emphasis has been shifted back to the main 3 areas of 'optimization': Construct (compliance in every aspect of how a website is actually constructed), Content (the main element and purpose of websites), and Relevancy (how every element is actually inter-related and precisely valued -- including WWW relevancy).

This creates the imperative to once again reserve h1 valuations and configurations to text (Content) only, as defined above. *Be sure that if entering any H-META on your website that you always begin with h1 and end with h6 .... you must have a 'beginning' and an 'end' to the formatting.

For more information on H-META, you can review this earlier VodaTalk Topic to grasp the overall concepts and to glean the techniques required for you to successfully customize your website.

PS: Please revise your Forum Signature per Rules? Thanks!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi Vasili,
      Thanks (again!) for being so helpful.

Have read the article and I believe I'm doing the h tags ok.
      3 questions to close the issue:

1) The article says " right click, Html...." I do it different.
      I open the HTML box and write in there: <h1> my text goes in here</h1>
      Is it the same? Same result regarding the SE's?

2) Do you think I should forget about Flash completely and not use it anywhere in the site? (I know now that I would never replace my h tags by any flash code)

3) Was told that is good to have a link from the site to your personal blog.
      It's not the same content but it's related to tourism. It's like a 'feed' and the idea is that when I update the blog (almost every day) the page would reap the benefits as well. Does it make sense?

Cheers!
      N Z B R
      t o u r s
      New Zealand Tours
      Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
      Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

yes..you can do h1 in the html box.. however h1.whatever wont cut it.. and you are wasting time making a flash anything in an h1 tag.

An htag should reflect a HEADLINE like youd read in the newspaper or a title of your book report like you did in school. The h1 is more like your thesis statement. Do you really want to try to fool the search engine into believing the most valuable part of your page is the FLASH HEADER??????

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by nzbr View Post
          Hi Vasili,
          Thanks (again!) for being so helpful.
          Have read the article and I believe I'm doing the h tags ok.
          3 questions to close the issue:
          1) The article says " right click, Html...." I do it different.
          I open the HTML box and write in there: <h1> my text goes in here</h1>
          Is it the same? Same result regarding the SE's?
          2) Do you think I should forget about Flash completely and not use it anywhere in the site? (I know now that I would never replace my h tags by any flash code)
          3) Was told that is good to have a link from the site to your personal blog.
          It's not the same content but it's related to tourism. It's like a 'feed' and the idea is that when I update the blog (almost every day) the page would reap the benefits as well. Does it make sense?
          Cheers!
          Keep in mind I wrote that Tip when we were all using BV8 and BV9, so the methods we once had to do by hand are now written into BV10 as an included functionality ... thus General Navaldesign's added comments clarify how to "upgrade" the method using current versions of Blue Voda.
          THE OVERALL CONCEPTS REMAIN SOLIDLY CORE TO PROPER WEBSITE DESIGN, HOWEVER, SO IT IS STILL USEFUL TO EVERYONE

1. Yes, the method you describe to enter h1 tags in a HTML box are correct, as this is the newer process now included in versions of Blue Voda 10+. The Search Engines will pick this up, as it is in proper code format. Keep in mind though, the text you enter as an H-tag must be naturally occurring in your Content (i.e.: it must be 'anchored' in your written text on that web page, directly under that Tag: for h1 tag entry, those KW must be in the paragraph directly under the h1 tag, not from an h3 paragraph).

2. The only thing to avoid using Flash is creating an entire site, or the majority of a site in Flash: since Flash cannot be analyzed or "valued" by the Search Engines, it is important to keep Flash limited to a minor construct ... to be sure it does not exceed 20% of the total website's code, and that the Flash is embedded onto your site structure as an "element" (an added component, similar to how an image or Menu script is "added onto" a coded page) rather than part of the foundation of the website.
          *Even though Google has recently developed advanced methods to "optimize" Media, this is still in its infancy, and is not yet 'extended' to Flash, so it is important not to "tweak" concepts to include Flash until they have specific standards established: you will still want to reserve H-META for Content only, specifically Text, as mentioned earlier.

3. Yes, it is always recommended that you properly link your website to other relevant utilities like Forums, Blogs, Feeds, etc. as they provide transferrable value to your website due to the dynamics they create (constant updates, organized Content, change and added WWW relevance from the growing Memberships that all have email and web links to establish minimal "link sharing", etc.). It is always better if your Forum or Blog has a name similar to your website, or if that name includes a KeyWord or Phrase used on your website Index pages as well, as it establishes a stronger relationship to your site to build relevance upon.
          Simply put a link on your website titled "Community" or "Member Area" and hyperlink it to your Utility set to open in a new window (Target = _blank).

Bottom Line
          A. Relegate any Flash you use on your website to an "added element" status, and keep Flash to no more than 20% of your total elements.
          B. Use H-META for your Content, for Text only, following the established methods precisely in order to create a more "SE-friendly" format that will establish higher values for your site's SERP results.
          C. Link utilities (Forums, Blogs, etc.) to your website freely to build greater relevance and to share dynamic values, all of which improve SE valuation symbiotically.

Comment

Great! Thanks Vasili. When you have some time would you have a look for me please to see if the 'feed' to my blog looks ok. It's on the botom left side of the page.

Karen, it was never my idea to replace the H1 with the banner to 'fool the search engine'. As you can see on the top of my page
            ( www.nzbrtours.com )
            I have : 'New Zealand Tours in Small Groups' as my H1. I didn't want to lose the very important keywords in the text format (as said above by Vasili) by replacing them with a beautiful rotating banner which brings no gain (regarding SE's) to my site.

Thank you both,
            N Z B R
            t o u r s
            New Zealand Tours
            Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
            Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

I get your Forum updates all the time, Bro! I will look in on you sometime this weekend to see how things turned out ... no worries!

Don't forget to revise your Forum Signature ....

Comment

Working...
              X