Hi guys, my adsense code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi guys, my adsense code

For some reason, my adsense code on my published website wobbles. When I say wobble, I mean it isn't really static. It moves when I scroll up or down. Anyone else had this issue?
    Thanks

Re: Hi guys, my adsense code "wobbles"

That's not normal. A link please ?
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

which page?
      Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Comment

Re: Hi guys, my adsense code

I think it might be the static backround code somehow interfering with the adsense code. Is this possible?

Comment

I see no issue with your adsense! It is perfectly static in my IE, FF, Opera and Safari.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

thanks for the reply. That's odd. I use FF and if I scroll fast, adsesne moves. Also when I scroll down, the page sort of stalls. I have tried previewing some pages without the the fixed static html code for static backround and the adsense doesn't budge and the scrolling is a lot smoother

Comment

Think I might have to ditch the static backround

Comment

I read somewhere that Google AdSense has two kinds of customers:

Premium customers like about.com and slashdot.com with
                  millions of visitors a day or a week or a month or whatever.

and then there are the rest of us.

The first group uses script ads. The rest of us are confined to iframes.

I don't understand the technical aspects of it, but
                  I have seen Adsense move up and down on most of the sites.

iframe can be one answer why the ads would do that.
                  Doable Personal Finance

Comment

Originally posted by wysiwyg4 View Post
                    I read somewhere that Google AdSense has two kinds of customers:

Premium customers like about.com and slashdot.com with
                    millions of visitors a day or a week or a month or whatever.

and then there are the rest of us.

The first group uses script ads. The rest of us are confined to iframes.

I don't understand the technical aspects of it, but
                    I have seen Adsense move up and down on most of the sites.

iframe can be one answer why the ads would do that.
                    I use adsense on on of my sites and simply paste the code provided into a html box. I Frames arent really nessecary.
                    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Originally posted by bravo75 View Post
                      I think it might be the static backround code somehow interfering with the adsense code. Is this possible?
                      Yes I can see it wobbling also. I am inclined to think that your static background is causing this. Have you tested it without the background yet? I am interested to know how you get on
                      Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Some folks who have done research and have looked at the code
                        closer - like Google show_ads.js - have found the following:

This is a direct quote:

The iframe folks
                        1. User script sets variables such as the channels, and ads colors
                        2. The show_ads.js script translates the variables into a large query string.
                        3. The script will insert an iframe into your document whose source is the query string.
                        4. The user's browser retrieves the separate document into the iframe, and the user sees the ad unit.

Script Ads (the multi-million visitors folks)
                        1. Sites like about.com will call another script to set variables like "google_cust_name" "google_cust_age" etc. if they know this information.
                        2. The show_ads.js script will build a query string to load another script from Google servers. It will also setup callback functions to call once the other script finishes finding ads.
                        3. The other script will place the ad content into an array.
                        4. The other script calls the callback functions. The callbacks will insert div and iframe elements into your web page, containing the ad units.

The end result for script ads is that more customization is possible, and the ads will load more quickly. Instead of making 5 separate queries from your browser to Google, your browser will only make 1 query. The disadvantage is that you need a programmer to make the JavaScript to set all the variables correctly.

It is against Adsense Terms of Service to modify the Adsense code in any way. However, it is interesting to note the extra API available to premium customers.

P.S.
                        I wish I could understand this mambo jumbo. In a Nutshell, if the
                        above information is correct, then the eventual display of the
                        AdSense ads is iframe.

For this forum, probably need more research.
                        Doable Personal Finance

Comment

Back to the wobble though which may be interesting.

On my newish Lap Top running Vista - I get the wobble
                          On my oldish PC running on XP - I get no wobble
                          I even tried the antiques in my office which run on XP - still no wobble

I wonder if its a Vista thing??
                          Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

I think the static backround code is somehow interfering with the adsense code

Comment

Yes certainly there was such problem! I adsense code on my published fluctuations of a website. But now all is good.
                              streaming movies

Comment

Working...
                              X