Title tags naming question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Title tags naming question

I realize my question may have various different opinions but I would like to hear your professional thoughts as I do not truly trust the opinionated blog sources and can't find anything directly from google about this.

Each one of my page titles has 3 parts to it separated by a pine line with less than 80 characters (google and others said this is their recommendation)

Part 1: A unique title name with page relevant keyword(s)
    Part 2: Location which is always the same
    Part 3: Company name which is always the same

For example:

"Dog Training | Nederland Boulder Denver CO | Big Paw Services"

Does google favor or penalizes this method?!

All I found in my searches was that they mostly agree to add company name at the end of the tag (most SEO companies have their company name in the title of each page). However, as far as adding the location to every single title tag I am not sure about. Do you recommend taking the location out of my titles except for my service area page and perhaps my home page? When people search for my business, location is part of the search since my business is targeted for services at a specific location. My footer page has the locations I service so each page has those keywords... I also discovered that many new clients search my company name because they heard from a friend about the business or they saw in advertisement or car magnets and remember the name for a later search.

I concluded to do each titles in 3 parts as I assume this information is what people would click since it describes the service, location, and company name. Is this method optimized or can I do better?!

Thanks!!!
    Mr. Big Paw
    Somewhere in the CO mountains
    Big Paw Services

Re: Title tags naming question

Google SEO basic guide

As you read this guide, you can have in the title

Your business name (which can be different than your site name)
    a dash and then two or three of your main keywords with comma
    in between.

Try to mention the business name and the keywords in your description
    tag as well as in your content.

Actually, the easiest thing to do would be to write your content
    for a page, any page especially index and then
    your title should be a reflection of the business content on your page.

So either you select a title and write your article or
    write the article and then make your title from it.

I do the second option. But I have some idea of what I would write about,
    obviously.
    Doable Personal Finance

Comment

Re: Title tags naming question

Thanks wysiwyg4.

I too also first write the page then the titles. It's easier to figure what the page is about...

My question is really regarding the location I have in each one of my titles. I decided redo all my title tag - 47 of them - placing more emphasis on keywords without my business name except for the home page and to add location to a few important pages as many people google for example: "dog training, nederland CO". Hopefully this will put more importance to show these pages and will not confuse google indexing that my pages might be a little too similar.

Hope it works...
      Mr. Big Paw
      Somewhere in the CO mountains
      Big Paw Services

Comment

Working...
      X