Cool search engine tip!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cool search engine tip!

this widexl is fantastic..of course it added a ton more work, but as I can tell is well worth it...

thanks again to BV support, you partners are excellant
    http://www.beebrothers.org

Success is not a doorway. It is a staircase.

Comment

Try my other tip that is posted here for using the WideXL Metatage tool. I have been playing with it and having again, excellent results....
      Affordable Medical Insurance
      Discount Dental Plan
      Washington State Health Insurance
      Temporary Health Insurance
      Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

Wholy Cow my site came up aweful! Help!

Comment

OMG! I have SOOOOO much work to do!

Comment

OK . . . I've done a lot to my keywords and such on this page . . . but I work in SOHO and what I should be doing to get my robot coe or author code into my page . . . I am working with a Soho template and cannot seem to find a way to get into the header.

This is the response I keep getting everytime on the analyzer I try it:

Robots:Found no robots meta tag.
            This tag is not really required but can help spiders to index the web page.
            Author:Found no author meta tag.
            This tag is not really required but can help for your (company) name recognizing.

Soho Gurus ---- any suggestions?

Comment

Dedi, I don't know a thing about Soho but if you can find where to insert into the <head> of your site the following:

<META name="AUTHOR" content="TYPE YOUR NAME OR BIZ NAME HERE">
              <META name="revisit-after" content="5 days">
              <META name="robots" content="index, follow">
              <META name="Robots" content="All">

This will help you with those two elements of the WideXL tool.
              Some people say that they aren't important and some say they are. I say if they can help then use them.
              Discount Dental Plan

Comment

Soho Template has a settings page and you manually enter various information on it . . . that's where it gets its metatags . . . . but I can't figure out how to override the standard info and get what I want in there . . . .

Of course, I've never done this before, so my not being able to figure it out is not shocking me!

Thanks for the suggestion, Motoxx . . . sounded like what I might need until I found that there was no way that I could find to alter the info it collects.

Comment

That would be frustrating!
                  Discount Dental Plan

Comment

very cool Captain
                    the right kind of wrong

Comment

Hey Moto,

tks for the tip ... long time no see, howz it going? lol.

I saw this tip ages ago but thought I'd wait for a while till I had other SEO things in order, that is happening so I had a look at this ... looks pretty good... also the other feedback in that Widexl page said my relevancy etc was good - also pointed out I had way too many keywords so I axed a bunch of them, so THAT feedback is good too ...

I tried this but only partially succeeded ... I gather you mean that the act of highlighting a key phrase and right clicking it and sending it to Back, will make the Se's find it first? My page is complicated in the sense that the act of creating color bars on either side of the text means that the text is sent to the front - so it superimposes the color - so when I send a highlighted bit of text to the back, the whole text box disappears!

But to complicate matters, this DIDN'T happen when i tried it on a text box at the bottom, with the same phrase ("weight loss success story")

I think i'm right with the color story - it gets reaaal complex and now you have thrown this in too!! LOL :-

dunno if anyone can shed any light on this?

Tks,

Will
                      PS Moto - I see 100's and 100's of ppl have viewed your tip since posting, so yeah, it finally took off and no doubt has helped a lot of ppl! so Tks.
                      A manual to help small-business owners . http://www.entrepreneurshipz.com

Comment

I just started playing with this and find it very interesting. Thanks for the tip. Im new to this whole web site building thing but tips like this are really helping me. I still feel like i dont know enough, but its coming slowly but surely. What's the H1 tag you were talking about? and what's the benefit of the SE to see that first?

Best Regards,
                        Alex
                        Surveillance Systems
                        Restaurant POS | Retail POS
                        Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

Working...
                        X