No announcement yet.

help with robots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who do you know 72 visits and only 17% found it?
    www.bluevodaexchangelink.com
    BluevodaExchangeLink Help Center
    Bluevodaexchangelink Forum

The only place for bluevoda site to be linked with!

Comment

Originally posted by pet121
      Okay I understand but I am still getting these error messages. Out of 72 robots that visited my site only 17% actually found it. Its just weird. Thanks anyway pet121
      just been looking at your site pet,and code, you need to name each page and page the meta tag in each page, remeber can take upto 60 day for search companys to update there sites

Comment

thanks

I will double check the source again and make sure each page is named. thanks pet121

Comment

Maddog,

I have visited webtoolscentral and tried their metatag analyser thingy; and, horror of horrors, it tells me 'error, your site cannot be found.' I am completely perplexed by the whole search engine, meta-tag, description thing... I can access my site by typing the name followed by .com, but on google, aol and msn (all I have available), if I simply type the name of my site, it is also not found. In desperation I have paid £3.49 to eBiz1000 to submit my site to some search engines for a month - was this a sensible thing to do? I found a link to them on webtoolscentral and it didn't seem like a lot to lose but now I'm beginning to wonder. Earlier in the day I subscribed to a free service which offers subscription to 40 engines for nothing and almost immediately I had a couple of spiders on my site, whereas there has been no sign of a spider in the three hours since I used the paid service. Crikey I'm confused. Why should people have to pay to get their site listed on search engines? It seems implicitly wrong to me. (On the Vodahost tutorial there is a heading related to 'submit to search engines,' but that cannot be found in the control panel as shown in the video tutorial - I wonder why... Anyway, anything related to search engines / getting listed would be greatly appreciated, as I'm becoming fed up of constant spamming to attract visitors to my site. Extremely jealous of the person whose site is only one quarter finished and attracting thousands of hits - luck?

Comment

Maddog

Its funny you asking for help? Currently I am listed on all the major search engines. On yahoo page3, msn page1, alta vista page1 plus I rank high all over the world. How did I do it no idea? I noticed the your sites are in flash I heard could be a problem for robots, look into it. I will probably get into trouble for this but you need a good seo program, voda hits is one of them, haven't had a chance to try it out yet. But in the mean time down load the free trial version of web ceo but be sure you know what you are doing. Web ceo will automatically submit your site once. But on a ongoing basis you can see were you rank on the internet. If fact there are alot of freetrial seo programs out there. Market your site its not easy but keep plugging away at it. For instance web ceo reported that i had 298 links on yahoo. Another way is creating back links. Some forums are crawled by robots and if you leave your website address on a thread it will pick it up and post on say google. There is so much more information. The bottom line it takes some hard work. pet121

p.s do not pay anything to get good rankings or listed!

Comment

Steve W whats your web address (url to your site)

As pet121 said you do have to keep pluging at it, are you new to BV? if you are VH will submit free your site, just open a support ticket, you do have to rememebr it can take wait for search companys a while to get around to your site and index it. as for paying for it, well some people are good some are not.

Comment

Maddog

Bv as far as I know only submits to a limited amount of sites. As for paying to have your site listed and get good links and ranking forget it. The search engines who require cash to submit are not really worth it. Eventually the paid search engines who charge will include your site anyway. This will be do to the preasure of being every where else on the net. I have proof of this happenning. For example, ask jeeves search engine is a paid for inclusion, but I am listed. The funny thing is I just can't figure out how I did it? I am still learnning from other sources however. In less than three months I am listed on yahoo page 3 and have 198 links on yahoo, how, I don't know. thanks pet121.

P.S maddog my prevous post on this thread was meant for Steve. My wife insisted last night we have a few drinks.

Comment

Working...
                X