Meta Tags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meta Tags

Okay I published my first "site" http://www.ccwenterprises.biz yesterday. I was checking out the stats and noticed that "Googlebot" had been to my site.. one day, how cool is that? :)

Now I noticed that it could not find my meta info for the robots, probably because I didn't put any anywhere! No big deal for this one as it is only one page for now!

But when I move my store here next week, I will definitely need it there... so having never built from the ground up, how do I do this.. Yes Beth, I know you are gonna answer this one... so try to be specific and I wil take a deep breath and give it a shot.

Also do I need all this for every page or just my index page?
    My Coffee Gourmet -I offer discounts to forum members, so pm me for the discount code!

We Have Picnic Baskets - Your stop for picnic baskets, picnic backpacks, NCAA Logo Merchandise and more! PM me for a discount code!

"What you not give up, No one can take from you!" - Our motto from our two month long strike this summer!

Re: Meta Tags

Not Beth, but you can find the area to put your meta tags in on your page properties, found by right clicking on the page ... you will see a tab there for meta tags ... each page should be different and contain the keywords "meta tags" that are relative to the content on that page ... you will also notice an area there to title your page, this title should also reflect the page coontent, (this is not to be confused with naming your page for publilshing).

You should also read Beths seo book she has to give you further knowledge on the subject of site search engine optimization ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

If you are interested, I have a simple but effective MetaTag Generator that can be seen HERE.....
      Have fun
      Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
      Newbies / Beginners Forum
      FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
      My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
      Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Thanks guys, I think I may have gotten it right. Please check my ccwenterprises site and do a view source.

Also let me know what else should be in there too. My other program that I used was a storebuilder that did all this for you automatically, so I just have to get the hang on of it!
        My Coffee Gourmet -I offer discounts to forum members, so pm me for the discount code!

We Have Picnic Baskets - Your stop for picnic baskets, picnic backpacks, NCAA Logo Merchandise and more! PM me for a discount code!

"What you not give up, No one can take from you!" - Our motto from our two month long strike this summer!

Comment

It did not do them "right" automatically. You still had to tell it what the page description was, etc - not sure where you get that automatic part -

You didn't fill out the description - and your title isn't really the best for this website

And this website needs some help - but I'll talk to you about that off here.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
          X