Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I DON'T want to be indexed - best method??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I DON'T want to be indexed - best method??

I want to put a site up as an easy way for development collaberation between a few individuals; so although the web site is "Live" just because it exists, I want to avoid it being indexed until we're ready to do so.

Aside from leaving the Meta Tags blank and forcing the pages as expired, is there other steps one can take to minimize or prohibit search engines from finding/indexing the pages?

Thanks,

Adrian
    Adrian
    A-B Technology Group

Re: I DON'T want to be indexed - best method??

Use the No Follow - No Index tags. Google it
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi... I used the "no index" robot directions and ended up with all pages indexed..and showing... why I don't know... Maybe submitting the index page with no links for the "DON'T wana be indexed pages"... then putting in the links once the index is up on search engine will work...I hope someone with more knowledge about this will weigh in... Doug

Comment

You can go to a google page and request taking your site off of google, they will ask you for your email and site url.
        When you have confirmed, they will take you off the index database.

Will get back to you with the google url later.....................
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
        Newbies / Beginners Forum
        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Use a robot.txt file and *disallow googlebot

you can disallow all bots by name in this manner. However, when you are ready it will take some doing getting them to come back without lots of links etc and going in and submitting again.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by adrianbrookes
            I want to put a site up as an easy way for development collaberation between a few individuals; so although the web site is "Live" just because it exists, I want to avoid it being indexed until we're ready to do so.

Aside from leaving the Meta Tags blank and forcing the pages as expired, is there other steps one can take to minimize or prohibit search engines from finding/indexing the pages?

Thanks,

Adrian
            In addition to the bot.text solution, you may wish to consider publishing all the pages you wish to prevent the general public from actually accessing (previously SE-cached or not) in a password-protected directory.
            This also allows you to exert even a bit more control, even within your "community" of users....
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
            X