Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEO...Ready or not?

Hi,

Would anyone take the time to have a quich peek at my site, to see how I am going with keywords and meta tags, and so forth. There is a couple of pages I have not done yet ( packages, techniques and contact) but if some people have a spare few minutes to see how I am going on the others.

Thank you.

www.quantumphotography.net
    Photography is a snapshot of a time in your life.
    http://www.quantumphotography.net

Websites you dream of... www.quantumwebworks.com

Re: SEO...Ready or not?

Hi, you may struggle a little with key words & alike as they should match the content of your page. And with only a small amount of content you wont be able to have many keywords. But i would emphasize the photography, photographer, commercial, portrait, techniques, Tasmania, Australia,Quantum Photography. But i would try & get some more text on the page with some good key photography words.
    Same with the title, as i notice the SE's pick up on these words when you enter a search. So! although words like welcome is nice. Would you enter it as a search for a local photographer.? It may also be worth renaming your images to suite a photography site.
    IE: http://www.quantumphotography.net/Navara.jpg maybe better as http://www.quantumphotography.net/co...photograph.jpg With some related photography text in the alt text area. Every bit will help

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi there again,

I noticed your copyright notice is incorrect. There is a set international standard requirements that the year the copyright commences must be included. The proper way for you should be"

"Copyright Quantumphotography 2007 All Rights Reserved"

Secondly it is not necessary for U to type in the meta tags for all your pages. Copy your meta tags into wordpad. Open your BV pages and wordpad at the same time and use the copy and paste method.

Thirdly it would be easier if you paste your meta tags in a thread in BlueVoda so everybody can view and comment.
      www.siapamoyanganda.com/
      Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
      State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

No need to post your meta here - as I have to look at the page to see if it fits anyway. So - I clicked to your site - only looked at that page - and the keywords in the meta are all wrong. Why? Because the only keywords that should be mentioned in the meta keywords are the KEYWORDS USED ON THE PAGE. How do you expect people to find you as an Australian photographer if you never say on the page that you are one? USE the words - and then make the meta for the page based on what is actually ON the page.

Your title on this page is "Welcome to Quantum Photography" - this title is probably going to hurt you - as I doubt very much that anyone is searching for "welcome to" - nor do I think it'll help you by your name - as anyone who knows your name will easily find the website. This title would be much better to be USING those keywords you are claiming but not using - for example: Australia, Tasmania Photographer and Family Portrait Photographer.

Take a look at the free ebook in my signature, please.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thank you all,
          I was hoping you would have a peek bethers. I do have a print off of your ebook. I think I better go back and read again. I will re hash everything again. Thank you for your replies so far. Will continue post when all is re done.

Thank you

Comment

You're welcome - and I do miss posts - can't get here every day - so if you're ready for a relook and I don't post - send me an email - I'll get to it eventually :)

(Unfortunately business has to come first).

Good luck to you.
            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Well bethers, and of course anyone else,

I have redone my pages. Added some more text where i thought it was warranted. Adjusted keywords etc, and did a site report and recieved good scores. So i now ask for your input as to whethers its ready for my submission to the search engines.

Thanks

Comment

I won't comment on the keywords etc as Bethers is still online and no doubt will advise you there. One thing I will say though is that I LOVE your layout and design. Fantastic! Well done.
                Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thank you Marincky, I appreciate the comments. I await with baited breath, the comments from bethers....lol.
                  She is a gem, and I hope all is done a bit better this time, so I can submit the site for submission.

Comment

You have definitely got the idea on the page titles - much, much better! But, now I'm going to through another wrench in - how about adding your name to the end of the titles (if room allows) as you do want to get your name branded also (which takes time) - so right now I'm on the Portrait page - and you could consider "Portrait Photography Tasmania by Quantum Photography" - just a suggestion - and keep the top keywords first as you've added them.

I would think lots of the family portraits are of the children - so I'd make sure that I'd be using the terms family, child, children, also on the page. It might mean you need a bit more text - but remember, people won't find you if you don't use the terms/phrases they are using to search.

And get in and check your grammar on what you have - I've found a couple sentences that aren't - for example:
                    We are here take outstanding shots of live seafood if you are an exporter.

It's vital that your professionalism shines through in all ways.

Yep, you've improved tremendously. As I stated above, I still think you need to have a tad more text - to work on the phrases you need to be found for - but you're headed in the right direction.

I'd also, as a potential purchaser, be looking for a few more pictures. If you want to sell me on the fact that you can photograph seafood, I'd love to see a picture of seafood that you've taken. On the portrait page, the picture of your wife is great, but I'd like to see it rotate with some other pics - including families, or multiple children, etc. In your area - you need the text to get the traffic - but you need the visuals to sell your product.
                    Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thank you Bethers, To think I had finished...ha ha ha. Will print your comment out and go through what you say. Thank you for your time..

I'll be back when changes are done.

Darren

Comment

Finished? Is there such a thing as a website ever being finished? :)
                        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                        X