Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Question about Keywords

Kellie

I will email you via your website to ask you a couple of questions.

Comment

Originally posted by steve_w
      Kellie

I will email you via your website to ask you a couple of questions.
      Okie dokie... thanks! :)

Kellie
      Kellie

Cozy Cabin Candles and Crafts
      http://www.ccabincandles.com

Comment

Steve,
        If it's not too much to ask, I could use some help with optimisation also?
        CarbonTerry
        Semper Fi
        Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
        Zone 5 Photo
        My USMC

Comment

Let's not get too excited about SEOs. I just run my home pages through http://www.widexl.com/remote/search-...-analyzer.html and it told me I was committing cardinal sins on both home pages.

But I published my second site last Friday, and today typed 'Webmaster Productions' (without quotations) into Google and to my surprise was on page 1 at position 5 (out of 2.5m) results! Obviously I'm not turning Google off too much!

Whilst SEOs have their place, my advice is to take it with a pinch of salt, try various things and see what works.

Cheers
          Trish
          Trish
          www.Limebrook.com
          www.MountainWalk.co.uk
          www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
          www.TucsonForBeginners.com
          www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

I happen to be affiliated with this site, I know this works:)
            http://www.Axandra.com/go.to/134267 for the free version

Comment

With all due respect, 'webmaster productions' is not a keyphrase anybody is ever going to type, apart from the people who have just read your post! Your website is at number 2 in for this keyphrase because it is your url. I'm afraid that is not optmisation; although naming your url is important. A keyphrase relevant to your website would be 'websites for beginners,' or something like that. Optimisation is about cornering a keyword or phrase that will work. And it most certainly should not, as you say, 'be taken with a pinch of salt.'

Steve

Comment

Carbon Terry,

I'm afraid my brief career as a seo advisory service has ended. It's too much like hard work! The best thing I can say is that you should pay great attention to on-page optimisation for MSN and Yahoo, and great attention to off-page optimisation for Google. It might also help to get a Google account, upload an xml sitemap, and validate your website with Google. Don't target keyphrases you won't be able to compete with, but aim for the niches you think will get you a few visitors. Make sure your site has lots of quality, and your visitors will come back. I also noticed that some of your pages load slowly due to an excess of images. You should perhaps read up on the 8 second rule.

As for that link to Axandra above, well... established in 1997, seo experts and a Page Rank of 0? Wow they must be good.

Having said all this, I'm no expert. If I was, I wouldn't be here now typing this. I'd be on a beach in the Bahamas being fanned by dusky maidens.

Steve

Comment

Ditto on the dusky maidens....thanks for the advice.
                  I am at best a beginner at web work but an advanced graphics guy being a commercial photographer for lots of years.
                  Would you suggest fewer graphics on the index page? I really like my potential customers to see what I have to offer immediately. Possibly just my best seller as an image and changing the text/graphics to pure text using BV?
                  Thanks again
                  CarbonTerry
                  Semper Fi
                  Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                  Zone 5 Photo
                  My USMC

Comment

(for the sake of clarity i would say it again SEO is not my cup of tea, cause it takes a long time and I dont have it, I prefer instant traffic from PPC)

I dont claim to be an seo expert, I am only sharing what I have found to work best for me in comparison to what I have tried and tested in the past when optimising my websites.

Thanks for sahring your views and criticism steve w.

with regard to page rank about axandra, never checked their page rank.

I agree 100% that "Optimisation is about cornering a keyword or phrase that will work"

I would add that if you find SEO exciting then a keyword that is "on demand" with less competition is what needs cornering if it is to work well!

and if so ........ how are going to find such keywords?

Comment

........ how are you going to find such keywords with minimal costs on your budget? well axandra answers that question for me, so I recommend it if you like to drive traffic through the search engines

if you have a better way, I am keeping an open mind and would be glad to see it, learning never hurts:)

Comment

Originally posted by Theopod
                        Hey Alien Anonymous< quit trying to push newcommers to purchase the **** you're affiliated with!

http://www.thedowser.com/
                        LOOK NUM NUTS if you took the time to check that site out the download is free GET IT FREE i'am not affiliated with any sites i do not get paid by anyone, i give my time and effort FREE, my site is FREE i even make buttons animated text and graphics FREE. i have also helped other members with scripts and programs and spent many hours on them, not won'ts have i ask or want payment.
                        DO NOT POST UNLESS YOU HAVE CHECKED YOUR FACTS.!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aliens Anonymous
                          LOOK NUM NUTS if you took the time to check that site out the download is free GET IT FREE i'am not affiliated with any sites i do not get paid by anyone, i give my time and effort FREE, my site is FREE i even make buttons animated text and graphics FREE. i have also helped other members with scripts and spent many hours on them not won'ts have i ask or want payment.
                          DO NOT POST UNLESS YOU HAVE CHECKED YOUR FACTS.!!!!!!!!
                          Alien - don't let him wind you up mate! I mean it!! It's not worth it. We all know that you're a great help to everyone. Thank you.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                          02036089024 / United Kingdom
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
                            Thanks Amanda
                            it's just sometimes //////
                            i better go now before i

Comment

Originally posted by Aliens Anonymous
                              Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
                              Thanks Amanda
                              it's just sometimes //////
                              i better go now before i
                              Yeah, I know. No worries. I've reported it!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                              02036089024 / United Kingdom
                              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                              X