Keywords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Keywords

I do recommend site maps when they are needed. If you don't have links the se's can read from your home page to ALL pages or at least no page more than 2 clicks from the home page then you really need one. If you have 100 or more pages (well actually over 50 I would do it) then it's more important too.

If you look at my Kids Room Themes page - it's working like a site map for me AND is useful to my customers - so, I don't feel the need for another site-map.

What's really important is that all pages can be found easily by your visitors - whether the human variety or the bots.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thnx Beth

I saw that ROR utility on here. I thought it would be helpful, but I guess my site is too tuny for that by the sounds of it.

I finished my tweaking as per your suggestions. I'm sure I will be tweaking it more in the coming weeks/months.

I found the feature for the spiders in CP. Actually the site had 3 MSN bots and one Inktomi slurp bot visited today. MSN were April 24. but the site didn't have the Beth touch to it yet :(

Do these bots index sites on regular basis? or Do you have to resubmit every month or so?

Mike
      http://www.atexflooring.ca
      http://www.newfloor.ca

Comment

You should never have to resubmit to them - they will come back. And if you keep your site content fresh and make changes now and then, they'll come back more often.
        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers
          You should never have to resubmit to them - they will come back. And if you keep your site content fresh and make changes now and then, they'll come back more often.
          That's great. I was wondering what would happen in the event you're adding or tweaking your site. That makes sense now.

Thnx yet again for the info

Now I'm anxious to see if all the headlines...keywords..descriptions..etc work.
          The waiting game begins I guess. In the mean time I'm gonna try to get my site linked up to other as you suggested.

mike

Comment

Don't rush it - and don't expect miracles - but they will work over time - and keep tweaking your text on the pages - make sure it has the words that you need - but never do it just for se's - remember it has to read and look good for your customers first and foremost
            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thank you very much Bethers I would love you to look at my site once it has finished. Your advice on here is always very good and very welcome.

Thanks Matrix for your advice and also for your comments on the site.
              I must say your site does look very, very good. It is very clear and ***** and also very easy to navigate. A job very well done!
              www.anxietynomore.co.uk

Comment

Hi

Ihave just put in the H1 in the headings and tags, but i have not do the banner.... not quite sure what i am doing to be honest. Could you please take a look and let me know.

Thanks

Sara
                www.anxietynomore.co.uk

Comment

Sara,
                  You could do a simple text banner - with the words Anxiety No More - one place you could look to make one would be - www.cooltext.com - I use that a lot - it's very easy and you just play till you get one you like - just change colors, etc

It's looking good.
                  Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

Beth you're the SEO Queen

I followed your suggestions and good advice and tweaked my site accordingly. BV submitted my site on the 24th. I finished tweaking the site on the 27th.

Today which is the 2nd I'm able to find my site on MSN with most of my keywords in first place and some keywords on the first page.
                    [IMG]file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CMIKE%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cm sohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_image001.gif[/IMG]

Yahoo and Google, I have not shown up yet, but none the less I'm really happy with the result, especially the time frame it took to get on MSN.

Whoever reads this thread. You should follow Beth's advice to the last word. She definitely knows her stuff.

Thnx again Beth

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by matrixxxxxx1
                      Beth you're the SEO Queen

I followed your suggestions and good advice and tweaked my site accordingly. BV submitted my site on the 24th. I finished tweaking the site on the 27th.

Today which is the 2nd I'm able to find my site on MSN with most of my keywords in first place and some keywords on the first page.
                      [IMG]file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CMIKE%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cm sohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_image001.gif[/IMG]

Yahoo and Google, I have not shown up yet, but none the less I'm really happy with the result, especially the time frame it took to get on MSN.

Whoever reads this thread. You should follow Beth's advice to the last word. She definitely knows her stuff.

Thnx again Beth

Mike

I dunno why the above post showed up like that....grrrr

Mike

Comment

Thank you, Mike <blushing>. I'm so glad you're getting results with MSN. Yahoo will follow - and eventuallly, and I do mean eventually, so will Google.

Make sure you make some sort of changes to your text occasionally - but don't fool with the headlines unless you want to target different words! The se's like to see fresh content. One way is to add a little section to the page - maybe a snippet of info - and change it weekly or at least monthly. For a store - it can be specials, etc. but something that you can write and change.
                        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thank you, Mike <blushing>. I'm so glad you're getting results with MSN. Yahoo will follow - and eventuallly, and I do mean eventually, so will Google.

Make sure you make some sort of changes to your text occasionally - but don't fool with the headlines unless you want to target different words! The se's like to see fresh content. One way is to add a little section to the page - maybe a snippet of info - and change it weekly or at least monthly. For a store - it can be specials, etc. but something that you can write and change.
                          Thnx Beth.

Should I do this for few pages or I have to do this on all my pages?
                          I do have the promotion page which I will change every month. but there's not much text there.

Today I'm showing up on yahoo and google as far as the company name, which I'm very happy with, again conseidering the time frame.

Question about page names.
                          Would it be helpful to incoporate the page name with a keyword?
                          I.E My carpet page right now is www.atexflooring.ca/carpet.html
                          If I were to name it www.atexflooring.ca/ajax_carpet.html....Ajax being my town name. Is that helpful or just plain waste of time?
                          "Ajax carpet is one of my keywords"

Mike

Comment

I wouldn't bother changing the page name - you have your company name and carpet in it - just make sure the page title and description are accurate.

I suggest you make a change to the home page at least monthly - as that's where the se's come to first. If they see the change, they'll come more often and delve deeper. Changes to other pages are good, but not as vital. Of course, all new material, additions, etc is good as long as it's good copy and relevant to the page.
                            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                            SEO - The Basics

Comment

I wouldn't bother changing the page name - you have your company name and carpet in it - just make sure the page title and description are accurate.

I suggest you make a change to the home page at least monthly - as that's where the se's come to first. If they see the change, they'll come more often and delve deeper. Changes to other pages are good, but not as vital. Of course, all new material, additions, etc is good as long as it's good copy and relevant to the page.
                              Thnx Beth

It's weird how the SE's operate. On MSN I have all my keywords coming up first or at least in the top 8.

Some keywords are Ajax carpet, Pickering Carpet, etc...however on Yahoo, if I type one of those phrases. I get nothing. If I combine them and type " Ajax Pickering Carpet " I come up first. Same thing on Allweb and Altavista. Not what I was trying to do...lol, but better than nothing

I noticed that Yahoo Allweb and Altavista used the description vs the titles and the h1 tags.

Having said that, MSN has indexed my site over 50 times "hard working bot" vs google and the rest of the SE's only indedxed 1-6 times.

I know Patience-patience right

Mike

Comment

Sara,
                                You could do a simple text banner - with the words Anxiety No More - one place you could look to make one would be - www.cooltext.com - I use that a lot - it's very easy and you just play till you get one you like - just change colors, etc

It's looking good.
                                Ooooohhh...
                                What fun. I wish I had seen this post at the begining of the week. Any more neat sites.
                                -------------------------------------------
                                Shelly

www.ohs****sagleidaho.com

Comment

Working...
                                X